Udon Fish And Chip Shop ?

raven0099

Ive heard this too, but i dont think you will be getting Atlantic Cod,Dover Sole, or the like on the menu, saveoloys [battered sauasage] as long as it isnt spicy would be ok, and some mushy peas perhaps,

Mrs has been doing fish & chips for 4 years now here in Namsom, its a real favorite with visiting and local falangs, 100bht for a real platefull,, of course its freshwater fish, Pan rubs the fish with salt, dips it in the batter and deep fries for 8/10 mins, i cant tell the difference wether its sea fish or not, really tasty!!

Its a sideline for us, something to do in the evenings, Pan runs a busy beauty salon during the day, so if you fancy a trip out for fish & chips anybody, let us know in advance pls,

Gheers, Lickey & Pan,,

Namsom, if you are in Udon Thani, take the Nong Khia highway for about 16ks, you will see a sign for Ban Phue & Namsom, from Udon to Namsom is 100ks,

The highlight of Namsom is the Temple in the lake, and the huge fish, these you can feed for 5bht a packet of food,

Please PM me if you want an overnight stay, en-suite room, internet and UBC available,

Cheers, Lickey & Pan,,

Last I heard was that Steve of the Irish Clock Bar & Restaurant was diversifying into a Fish & Chip shop,on my last visit to Udon.

I read on another forum that the lease is up on the IC and that Steve would be retiring due to health problems, shame, I met him and he seemed like a nice guy. It would be my dream to take that place on, being Irish and all that, but alas there'd be too many people trying to destroy me. I wonder what the terms are though?

• 2 months later...

Namsom, if you are in Udon Thani, take the Nong Khia highway for about 16ks, you will see a sign for Ban Phue & Namsom, from Udon to Namsom is 100ks,

The highlight of Namsom is the Temple in the lake, and the huge fish, these you can feed for 5bht a packet of food,

Please PM me if you want an overnight stay, en-suite room, internet and UBC available,

Cheers, Lickey & Pan,,