What Exchange Rate For Pound At Airport ?

Does anyone know how much i would get at the airport ? Last time i got hit bad with these bank charges , so id like to avoid them !

Im going for seven nites so im looking at a budget of 300 to 350 pound for spending , will it be enough ? accomodation will be free , so its just grub and booze for two, fuel for the bike.

I presume you mean Bangkok airport and not a UK airport, that being the case and if you were to travel today you could expect an exchange rate of about 46 baht per Pound, whether or not that rate will still apply on the day you travel is a different matter. If you want to get the absolute best exchange rate for your currency then go to SuperRich in Bangkok (easily googled for directions). If however you mean a UK airport you should expect to get around 40 baht per Pound. You're on a tight budget and will not have a lot of money to spend on luxuries, Thailand currently is quite expensive for holders of British Pounds but no doubt you'll have a great time anyway.

I presume you mean Bangkok airport and not a UK airport, that being the case and if you were to travel today you could expect an exchange rate of about 46 baht per Pound, whether or not that rate will still apply on the day you travel is a different matter. If you want to get the absolute best exchange rate for your currency then go to SuperRich in Bangkok (easily googled for directions). If however you mean a UK airport you should expect to get around 40 baht per Pound. You're on a tight budget and will not have a lot of money to spend on luxuries, Thailand currently is quite expensive for holders of British Pounds but no doubt you'll have a great time anyway.

seconded about superich.

seconded about superich.

Try Vasu at Suk. soi 7/1 better than airport.

In my experience do change in Thailand but don’t change money at any airport, or any transport hub. With only 350 sterling, (not 3500) to change, why bother charging around for the “Best” rate. Just get where you’re going, check out one, two or three currency exchange places. They will all be within (.) something of each other and go with that! You’re on holiday, let’s say where your staying gives you 46 and the other side of BKK gives you 47……..Woppy do! On 350 Squid that gives you 350B………………The cost of your taxi ride to get that great rate.

Good luck

yes the thai airport , i thought 300 would be enough , its nearly 15000 baht , thats 1875 a day over 8 days , although i know only too well how the money can go , my last trip i averaged about 4500 to 5000 a day , mind you i was staying in hotels and the best part of 15000 flying around for two , maybe ill have to stretch it to 20000 baht , thats just over £50 pound a day !

yes the thai airport , i thought 300 would be enough , its nearly 15000 baht , thats 1875 a day over 8 days , although i know only too well how the money can go , my last trip i averaged about 4500 to 5000 a day , mind you i was staying in hotels and the best part of 15000 flying around for two , maybe ill have to stretch it to 20000 baht , thats just over £50 pound a day !

Bring more than you need can always take it home and if it is baht mybe better exchange rate than next time also atm card. never did say were you are staying if on sukhumvit as I wrote earlier Vasu is a good exchange service better than the bank kiosk in the area.