How Long Is This Taxi Ride?

sleepyjohn

Hi there

I have to go from Chatrium Suites 1km south of the Taksin Bridge and next to the Shrewsbury School to Hualampong station this afternoon. Our train goes at 18.10.

What will the taxi journey time be given it's Friday?

IOW what time must I leave to be safe?

thanks!

Edited by sleepyjohn

Friday traffic can be pretty bad so I don't know what time to tell you to leave but if you only have light bags to take you might want to consider the Sky Train and subway if you have easy access to the BTS station. The subway, or MRT, goes to Hualampong station.

It should not take more than 30 mins with taxi. Traffic on Charoenkrung rd will ease after Bangrak/Silom junction and from there it's fast to go Hualamphong, but from Chatrium to Taksin bridge sometimes traffic is very slooooooow. I would leave 16.45, there is some margin for very bad traffic :)

Friday traffic can be pretty bad so I don't know what time to tell you to leave but if you only have light bags to take you might want to consider the Sky Train and subway if you have easy access to the BTS station. The subway, or MRT, goes to Hualampong station.

Thankyou both!

My fans will know I suffer from agoraphobia and am not able to go on the skytrain yet so it's taxi today.

So Sheikhan 1645 would be pretty dam_n safe for the train at 1810 eh?

thanx again

Thankyou both!

My fans will know I suffer from agoraphobia and am not able to go on the skytrain yet so it's taxi today.

So Sheikhan 1645 would be pretty dam_n safe for the train at 1810 eh?

thanx again

You can't go on the Skytrain, but you can go on another train 3x it's size from a station 3x the Skytrain stations size... lol

You can't go on the Skytrain, but you can go on another train 3x it's size from a station 3x the Skytrain stations size... lol

....that's the wild world of being crazy!

Arrived Chiangmai this morning and the station taxi ride was much quicker than I thought about 20 to 25 minutes.

cheers!

Edited by sleepyjohn