English Commentary World Cup

RioMist

Can I ask what package you have from True and what router you use?

Also, have you done a seperate test on pingtest.net?

Tom.

True 16mb hardwired but all this testing is done here via wifi to my modem router so slower than a direct connection of course. My MR is a Cisco/Linsys WAG542G with the latest firmware running ADSL2+M

Re: pingtest - see my note above, this is not about who has the biggest pipe etc, it is about what you need to watch TV via the net from the UK. The reason I posted the speedtest data was simply to show it can be done (not to boast I can do it)

From my Router it shows right now (see below) - which is typical for a 16mb connection, and I am about 40m from the DSLAM which helps.

Downstream Rate:18847 kbps

Upstream Rate:1199 kbps

Edited by joncl

want to watch British TV live and for free?? and full screen quality

British TV!

I am watching live on ITV nowbiggrin.gif

I'm getting the message:

VLC is unable to open the MRL 'suspended'. Check the log for details.

and only Eurosports channels are working! Help!

Has been fixed working this morning you need to download program again. better then before.

at the moment i am watching a live stream from ITV1 using british tv as described in the above earlier posts for those looking for english commentary.

the quality is quite good and very little buffering.

bad luck the aussies last night.

HI everyone, I have figured it out the solution! The answer is to get a slingbox, basically a slingbox is connected to a tv set box with the english commentary and also connected to an internet feed, all you need to do is the following

1.Once the slingbox is setup

2. You then download the slingplayer which is free on your computer (MAC or PC)

3. Connect your computer to the stereo, and mute the volume of the Thai commentary

The Thai commentary makes me sleepy, and I am Thai!

The instant replays and inside info is too interesting

Good Luck

All,

I've Tried Slingbox from USA friend but Quality is limited primarily by THEIR upload speed [Anything less than 1MB/s is not really any good, besides u have to listen to Tommy Smith and I'd rather liste to the North Korean commentators than him , anyday. Sad to say he's a fellow Paddy !.

Option I'm using Now:

Thai TV with Audio from:

www.Bet365.com which has english commentators but occasionally cuts out. Only problem is its a couple of secs AHEAD of Thai TV . (U tend to hear he missed it before u see the Jabulani sail off into the Savannah) I haven't tried Radio Delay as I have a mac.

Option 2 : ESPNRadio which is ~30 secs behind Thai TV, but you run the risk of getting commentators more used to counting runs !

Just other options in case you want to try

N

HI everyone, I have figured it out the solution! The answer is to get a slingbox, basically a slingbox is connected to a tv set box with the english commentary and also connected to an internet feed, all you need to do is the following

1.Once the slingbox is setup

2. You then download the slingplayer which is free on your computer (MAC or PC)

3. Connect your computer to the stereo, and mute the volume of the Thai commentary

The Thai commentary makes me sleepy, and I am Thai!

The instant replays and inside info is too interesting

Good Luck

• 2 weeks later...

This by no meens is a great solution but getting desperate, from the UK you can call a Thai mobile from a UK landline for .5p per min using access numbers, see moneysaving expert http://callchecker.moneysavingexpert.com/intcallchecker/thailand-mobile

If a nice friend can call you, put the phone next to the TV speaker and you get the UK comentary on your mobile! if you can connect your mobile to your PC you can amplify the volume. I have not tried it so any feedback appreciated.

Good luck!

Works good, but a lot of buffering on my 2MB net connection.

As has been said before many times in here, you want to ensure you have a local package from your ISP that gives you at least 4mbs download speed from the UK so you have no buffer.

My kids link so they can watch CeeBees is like this;

845808075.png

I watch everything else in English via satellite.

What speeds are people watching uninterrupted UK TV streams on? I tried a new 4mpbs but it's still buffering badly. What is practical minimum online package to do this?