English Commentary World Cup

RioMist

To all you guy who want English Commentary... get yourself a VPN, log on to BBC Iplayer and listen from Radio 5 live. Nearly perfect sync... Listening now to South Africa V Mexico and playing through my Stereo system.. fantastic!

Can someone pm me with a good free vpn?

Looks like there is no free VPN. I just found out that you can get on for under $40 at witopia.net and can be downloaded immediately. Visit them and learn more on how to get this.

RioMist, did you managed to listen to the whole 90 minutes in English? If so, then having this VPN software should bypass the blocked signal.

Yes I got the whole match... I use OVER PLAY VPN... cost 7 pounds a month. Works great. You can have it just for 1 month if u want. So u can have all the commentaries for world cup then cancel.

I can confirm that OVERPLAY VPN works like a charm - just google it.

It cost around 320 baht ( USD 9.99 per month )

It will allow you to say for instance your location is in the uk, then proceed and watch ITV online ( only UK resident can do that if not using a VPN )

Same with danish tv for instance, just use the danish overplay server and you can watch all of DR.dk's channels.

Also, added benefit - unblocks whatever mict.th decides to block.

Today I watched the France - Uruguay game from ITV ( really good quality for a stream ) with english commentary.

I didnt watch it last night, as I was sleeping :-)

But at least using this - i was able to get the BBC five live commentary all of the first game yesterday.

All the match I should say, I wasnt cut off like other people was.

Simply said this software will allow you to choose where you want to be in the world, as if you are really there.

There is 1 free US server, so if you want to test this software as if you are in the US, its doable.

It says they have a free UK server too, but sadly no.

The free option for the US server may actually work with the ESPN stream mentioned elsewhere - I have not tested that.

I see a massive lawsuit vs FIFA for rights coming.

Simply said FIFA have closed off the BBC worlwide broadcasting of 2 people watching a football game.

Even talksport didnt work.

So we are not allowed to listen to people talk about something they are watching ? That cant be entirely right.

Edited by peterdk

After two games I'm rather getting to enjoy watching it without the live commentary and just the noise from the ground and muted sounds of managers shouting from the touchlines. It helps if you write down the names of the players when they stick them up on the screen.

Good quality refereeing so far and unusually I haven't seen one wrong offside call yet. FIFA must finally be selecting on quality, not patronage.

I can confirm that OVERPLAY VPN works like a charm - just google it.

It cost around 320 baht ( USD 9.99 per month )

It will allow you to say for instance your location is in the uk, then proceed and watch ITV online ( only UK resident can do that if not using a VPN )

Same with danish tv for instance, just use the danish overplay server and you can watch all of DR.dk's channels.

Also, added benefit - unblocks whatever mict.th decides to block.

Today I watched the France - Uruguay game from ITV ( really good quality for a stream ) with english commentary.

I didnt watch it last night, as I was sleeping :-)

But at least using this - i was able to get the BBC five live commentary all of the first game yesterday.

All the match I should say, I wasnt cut off like other people was.

Simply said this software will allow you to choose where you want to be in the world, as if you are really there.

There is 1 free US server, so if you want to test this software as if you are in the US, its doable.

It says they have a free UK server too, but sadly no.

The free option for the US server may actually work with the ESPN stream mentioned elsewhere - I have not tested that.

I see a massive lawsuit vs FIFA for rights coming.

Simply said FIFA have closed off the BBC worlwide broadcasting of 2 people watching a football game.

Even talksport didnt work.

So we are not allowed to listen to people talk about something they are watching ? That cant be entirely right.

Hi Peterdk (I like your nickname.... hope people don't get confused between you and me)

I just downloaded Overplay VPN but can't seem to get it to work yet. Still struggling.

I happily paid for a VPN as I can now listen to UK radio stations and watch TV programs live or up to 30 days before from both the BBC and ITV. Worth it to me.

The radio signal hasn't buffered too much and is about 3-5 seconds ahead of Truevisions TV signal, but using a program called 'Radio Delay' seems to help a bit ... although not perfect. Better than listening to the Thai commentary, which I do understand but doesn't excite me in the same way.

Cheers.

I've also been using a paid vpn to stream the games live from both the BBC & ITV players, hooked up my Macbook to my 37" TV via DVI to HDMI cable and put the sound through the stereo, works very well indeed. Buffering has been virtually non existent, probably happened twice for about 10secs in the 4 games that I've watched (missed the S.Korea v Greece game) and all this on a 3meg TOT line.

Works good, but a lot of buffering on my 2MB net connection.

As has been said before many times in here, you want to ensure you have a local package from your ISP that gives you at least 4mbs download speed from the UK so you have no buffer.

My kids link so they can watch CeeBees is like this;

845808075.png

I watch everything else in English via satellite.

Works good, but a lot of buffering on my 2MB net connection.

As has been said before many times in here, you want to ensure you have a local package from your ISP that gives you at least 4mbs download speed from the UK so you have no buffer.

My kids link so they can watch CeeBees is like this;

845808075.png

I watch everything else in English via satellite.

Hi Joncl,

Something is not right there.

I'm no expert but a ping of 27ms to London from Thailand should be impossible.

I am an expert. It's impossible. The physical distance alone at 2/3rds of the speed of light can't be covered in 27ms. Besides, you have 70 - 80ms to Bangkok, so go figure.

Are they cheating or is the speedtest just screwy? I don't know. But I got 10Mbit to San Francisco with 27ms so I got a bit suspicious and tested to Palo Alto (which is about 20 miles from SF) and got 3.5Mbit and 300ms. Much more realistic. So I think the ISPs cheat on speedtest.net. It's not even that they prioritize traffic, that 27ms value looks more like they are caching it.

I am an expert. It's impossible. The physical distance alone at 2/3rds of the speed of light can't be covered in 27ms. Besides, you have 70 - 80ms to Bangkok, so go figure.

Are they cheating or is the speedtest just screwy? I don't know.

Not the has anything to do with the OP and this thread as a whole but, as an expert you should also mention that the ping times are effected by the True proxy caches etc and will always give inaccurate results.

I see little difference from these two American test points you mention

846203253.png

But our Thai point of entry via fiber is in San Jose and is much faster of course

846205750.png

and in less popular / off peak times connections to the London go way up like this example shows;

846206952.png