Pattaya-Phnom Penh

paulszymichowski

It can be done in a day in a minibus if you wish. A travel agent near the Beach Rd end of Soi 4 does it for about 1000 baht if I remember correctly. Its a long day though!

Another option would be to catch the bus to Trat for about 200 baht. Then minibus to Had Lek/Koh Kong for about 150 baht. Get scammed by the Cambodian officials for 1100 baht visa instead of 20USD at the border. Motodup into Koh Kong say 100 baht, then preferably the stay at night in Koh Kong (Koh Kong City Hotel 15/20USD) and then catch the morning bus to Phnom Penh. Virak Buntham about 5/10USD.

If you stay overnight I can recommend the food at Bobs Bar.

The road over the mountains is good now and non stop due to the ferries being replaced with the bridges.

A lot less stressful doing it over two days.

Edit:

Or you could try this way: http://www.sihanoukvilleonline.com/forum/trip-reports/cambodia-from-pattaya-good-pics/

Edited by JackHughes

Sounds good,just a bit of a problem tho, my passport is full just a few small spaces left,no full page. Just how big is the visa stamp that the Cambodians put into the visa?Was going to wait until next visit to the UK to renew it.

Sounds good,just a bit of a problem tho, my passport is full just a few small spaces left,no full page. Just how big is the visa stamp that the Cambodians put into the visa?Was going to wait until next visit to the UK to renew it.

The Cambodian Visa is 1 whole page on its own + your entry and exit stamps.

You can get an evisa online which you then print out and take with you, this will save you 1 page of your passport, you will still need enough space for your entry and exit stamps however.

Evisa is NOT accepted at all boarder crossings however.

Check here for details Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation, Kingdom of Cambodia

The Cambodian Visa is 1 whole page on its own + your entry and exit stamps.

You can get an evisa online which you then print out and take with you, this will save you 1 page of your passport, you will still need enough space for your entry and exit stamps however.

Evisa is NOT accepted at all boarder crossings however.

Check here for details Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation, Kingdom of Cambodia

I met a guy last year who went over the border with an evisa.

Went two weeks ago to Pp and used e-visa, its perfect

but not all crossings (as mentioned) accept it

I flew AA to PP - no worries if you fly

Unfortunately the road at Koh Kong is now terrible, new pot holes and road washed away in many places.

It can be done in a day in a minibus if you wish. A travel agent near the Beach Rd end of Soi 4 does it for about 1000 baht if I remember correctly. Its a long day though!

Another option would be to catch the bus to Trat for about 200 baht. Then minibus to Had Lek/Koh Kong for about 150 baht. Get scammed by the Cambodian officials for 1100 baht visa instead of 20USD at the border. Motodup into Koh Kong say 100 baht, then preferably the stay at night in Koh Kong (Koh Kong City Hotel 15/20USD) and then catch the morning bus to Phnom Penh. Virak Buntham about 5/10USD.

The road over the mountains is good now and non stop due to the ferries being replaced with the bridges.

Edit:

Or you could try this way: http://www.sihanoukv...taya-good-pics/

Unfortunately the road at Koh Kong is now terrible, new pot holes and road washed away in many places.

Edit:

Or you could try this way: http://www.sihanoukv...taya-good-pics/

I was told that the road was built by the Thai Military, guess they won't be inclined to help the Khmers maintain it in the current climate.