Marriage Visa Decision

I understand that i can get a marriage visa either in Britain before going to Thailand or do it once there. What is the easiest way to do this, and are there any advantages to either way? Would you suggest the single entry or multiple entry? I understand that that I will need to reapply every year, but do I need to do this in Bangkok or will I be able to do it near sisaket?

Thanks for any replies

Neil

In the UK, before your departure, you can get a non-immigrant visa category O to travel to Thailand for the purpose of visiting your Thai wife.

After your arrival in Thailand, you can get annual extensions of stay for living with your Thai wife if you meet the requirements. See paragraph 2.18 of Police Order 777/2551.

--

Maestro

obtain a multi entry 'o' visa from hull. that gives you a choice either doing border runs every 90 days which will give you 15 months here, or in the last 30days of any of the 90day stays of changing to a 12months marriage extension.

In the UK, before your departure, you can get a non-immigrant visa category O to travel to Thailand for the purpose of visiting your Thai wife.

After your arrival in Thailand, you can get annual extensions of stay for living with your Thai wife if you meet the requirements. See paragraph 2.18 of Police Order 777/2551.

--

Maestro

My Thai wife will be travelling with me from Britain,as she has lived here for 6 years.Will I still be able to get this visa? We are planning on moving back to Thailand with my 2 sons. Also what do I do about my sons will they be able to get dual nationality? They were both born in Britain

If sons are from Thai wife they are Thai by birth. You should obtain Thai birth certificates for them from Thai Embassy (using UK paperwork) and then passports. They should use the Thai passport for entry into Thailand.

Yes you can obtain the non immigrant O visa - your wife is now going to Thailand so it makes no difference that she has not been there recently.

Edit: Wish to point out it is very important to do this birth certificate/passport now while your in the UK. It is very hard to do at the Thailand end.

Edited by lopburi3
add caution

Thanks everybody. I will renew my passport first then get a non immigrant o visa in britain. Both kids are hving their births registered at the Thai embassy and having their passports done the same day. Will be getting their british passports done first.

Thanks again :)