Advice (or Offers) On Home Buying

Hi folks!

At 62, I'm nearing retirement. My wife of 32 years now is a Thai national. We plan to retire and live in Thailand. Our preference is somewhere south of Bangkok, in the general arc between Hua Hin on the west and Rayong on the east of the Gulf. We have family in Bangkok, so we'll be able to coordinate alot of the activity through them.

What I'm looking for here are some tips on solid, dependable real estate agents that I can work with from here in the U.S. I'm not in any real hurry to buy, since my plan is to retire in about 3 years. But, on the other hand, I think this would be a good time to buy there. One of our family members could occupy the house until we relocate.

Of course, if any of you have knowledge of a property that suits our needs now, I'd appreciate that contact info also. We want a minimum of 3 bdrms, 2 baths, with wester plumbing, electricity, telephone service. We want some land around it, also, no condo living. Looking for at least 200 sq meters of living area, and at least 400 sq meters of land.

Any tips you folks can provide about the whole home buying process will be appreciated. Private emails are welcomed. Kap kun kap!