Thai Spouse(visa,wp,child,etc)

Dear all

Ive seen that lots of members in this community forum either on a work permit basis or just simply having a thai wife with kids and are settling in Thailand...

Well i am abit curious to know what are the Advantages of Marrying a Thai spouse and have kids for a gentlement like me....

Well i need to know the advantages of it e.g Setting up a company,Salary cap,Having Kids,Visa's ....

Please share with us what are your experience is there any special treatment by thai Goverment to someone who is married to a thai and produces kids....

does the tax being reduce?does the Company registration and capital to be 1 miilion baht and still eligeble for a WP??

Sharring your experience would be very usefull for members that are thiking of having Thai spouse and kids here in Thailand

And another thing is that ive get to know that some farang instead of setting up a Company they set up a Partnership partnering with the Wife...Does a partnership status eligible for a WP and doen not need a 1 or 2 million capital based on supporting a Thai family...Is this true???

Regards

Tytus

Edited by tytus

Tytus

The main reason for marrying my Thai wife is that I love her very much and now our son is nearly 11 months old I love her more if that is possible.

I did not marry her just to live in Thailand nor is there any special treatment by the Thai government for marrying her and having a baby.

I did not come to Thailand to find a wife, have kids, get a work permit etc.

I originally came here in 1993 because the company I worked for had a contract and sent me here which is where I met my Thai wife. I was married with a son in the UK but it wasn't working so well and I eventually divorced my english wife (at considerable expense as many can probably testify to).

At no time did my Thai wife ever ask me to marry her nor does she want a UK passport or to live in the UK. She is Thai through and through and I am more than happy to give up my life in the West and live in Thailand at a better standard of living and in more safety than I could ever get in the UK.

There are a few things that I miss that I cannot get here but there is nothing that I cannot do without.

A word of caution.

Do not come to Thailand, marry the first available lady and have kids as that would probably lead to an expensive disaster.

I knew my Thai wife for 5 years before I divorced my english wife and I waited another 2 years before I married her and another 4 years before the baby came along.

It is worth every moment and every penny/baht that it cost and I would do the same thing over again to be with her if I had to.

Sign me off as a very happy man.

:o:D

I wish I had a computer that could spell at least as well as I can.

Edited by billd766