World Cup - Germany

Lotusbluete

Good luck to the German team.

I've always considered it both customary and sportsmanly to offer good luck to the opposing team.

Good luck Germany.

P.S. Much more than an England win, my wish for the game is that the final result is a fair reflection of who has played the best game.

going to be a fascinating clash of styles though. germany youthful, fast, dynamic and perhaps a bit naive. england slow and functional but with a few real top class potential matchwinners. and yes, good luck to germany though it'd be better as you say that the game was decided by anything but luck.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've always considered it both customary and sportsmanly to offer good luck to the opposing team.

Good luck Germany.

P.S. Much more than an England win, my wish for the game is that the final result is a fair reflection of who has played the best game.

Not like 1990 or 1996 when England were by far the better team.

Good luck Germany.

Not like 1990 or 1996 when England were by far the better team.

Kuntz.

good luck to germany though it'd be better as you say that the game was decided by anything but luck.

Luck, cheating, penalties, diving, dodgy refing etc

Just a clean game with the best team emerging victorious is what we want. Hope that's what we get.

Seems as if the Germans and as German as what they used to be. :whistling:

To long-suffering England fans, Germany's footballers are an all-too familiar foe. But the side that the Three Lions will face in Sunday's World Cup clash is anything but representative of the old Germany. In fact, many of them wouldn't have even been able to play for the three-times World Cup winners, until a recent change in the country's strict citizenship laws.

A total of 11 of the current 23-strong German squad would have been branded foreigners under rules dating back to before the Nazis and would have therefore been ineligible to play only a decade ago.

Read more: World Cup 2010: England vs Germany and the new citizens that make rivals' team | Mail Online

Don't be surprised if Soi Bukaow will be painted in BLACK, RED, GOLD this coming Sunday! :P

Why would that be?

I am out buying color now :-)

Guess I would not like to follow the game in Soi Bukaow ;)

Germany will be playing the USA, not England.

So sorry, I totally spaced out.

Germany of course will playing England, while the USA will be playing Ghana.

JT, did you stumble in the footy forum by accident mate? FYI, we don't use polls in here.

<snip>

Don't put ideas in his head. :o

I also hope for a great referee (of which there are only a few at the tournament).

While the television commentators were waxing lyrical about how kind the German referee at the Slovenia match had been to England historically, I was wincing at his unpredictability - I was sure he was going to do something stupid right at the death and crucify England!

Another eye-rubbing 4-1 is called for to lay the ghost. Only achievable if Rooney rediscovers his form though.

I also hope for a great referee (of which there are only a few at the tournament).

While the television commentators were waxing lyrical about how kind the German referee at the Slovenia match had been to England historically, I was wincing at his unpredictability - I was sure he was going to do something stupid right at the death and crucify England!

Another eye-rubbing 4-1 is called for to lay the ghost. Only achievable if Rooney rediscovers his form though.

jorge larrionda from uruguay. think he might be a wee bit card-happy.

At least at half-time I as a German (!) have to say that this referee is the worst possible. I feel so sorry to the English team for this "stolen" goal!

Stevie, still don't see the need for technology in football mate?

Obviously that linesman is in blatters back pocket, defoe wasn't close to being offside and the goal, well no words to decribe it.

Now I know why blatter doesn't want technolgy, guess lord trisman was right afterall.

Very impressed. The German team play a beautiful football.

The 'stolen goal"? Real goal, but irrelevant for the match outcome.

Agreed - but the unfortunate thing is that nobody will ever know whether the not given goal was relevant or not. Hindsight is 20/20 but at that moment things could have turned ugly for Germany.

Very impressed. The German team play a beautiful football.

The 'stolen goal"? Real goal, but irrelevant for the match outcome.

Agreed - but the unfortunate thing is that nobody will ever know whether the not given goal was relevant or not. Hindsight is 20/20 but at that moment things could have turned ugly for Germany.

We did have them on the ropes a bit when that second goal that wasn't given was scored. To have been cruising at two nil to suddenly be brought back to 2 all i think would have caused a change in the mood of the Germans. Who knows what might of happened...

At the end of the day though, no point thinking about all the ifs buts and maybes. When the ref made the mistake we still had plenty of time to rectify it and win the game. We weren't able to. The Germans stuck to their game plan and executed it brilliantly. Good luck to them.

Some one said England looked good for a few minutes - 'In the tunnel and during the warm up!.'

Recriminations now abound back in Blighty. One broadsheet - 5 reasons for Englands failure!

R Murdoch

R Murdoch

R Murdoch

R Murdoch

R Murdoch

Funny, never saw his name on the team list.

Yes Congratulations to Herr flick,..sorry Lotusbluete hope you continue on your march through the americas! ;)

Jogi Loew, you have done everything absolutely right! .......except he forgot to put on a shirt again last night,fashion disaster ! :D