Thai Rak Thai Mp Jumps From Bangkok Condo

george

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wassana told police that the two quarrelled again after she returned to the room. She said she fled and hid in the bathroom after the MP slapped her hard across the face, causing her mouth to bleed and bruising her cheek.

A police source said the MP apprently fell to his death after Wassana threatened to leave him following the spat.

Those both agree with my assessment.

He described his son as a loving family man

Huh?? Say wha?? :o

who often made phone calls to his daughter after work. Chalermphol said he did not know his son’s girlfriend.

Isn't all the Taksin bashing by the wingers and moaners getting a little old now ? Whenever any thread realted to the PM or his party is started all the name callers come out of the closet. All you lot ever do is talk,talk,talk, moan,moan moan, name call,throw petty insults around...... I dare someone.. be a man, have some spine and walk the talk ! Actions speak louder than words, unless words is all you have ? I mean seriously, question yourself, what is the point of barking on about what disgruntles you if there is to be no resolve ? It is no different to schollchildren writing witty insults on the toilet wall.

Exactly. All talk. No walk. And all because of less than friendly visa/immigration legislation that would exist whether or not Thaksin was in power.

:o

Yeah right.. probably has nothing to do with the fact that people that disagree with this government often turn up "missing"? Sheesh... get real. I won't even bother with saying what a crappy, stupid cliche' ("you can talk the talk, but not walk the walk") that is. This isn't some pro wrestling match.

Isn't all the Taksin bashing by the wingers and moaners getting a little old now ? Whenever any thread realted to the PM or his party is started all the name callers come out of the closet. All you lot ever do is talk,talk,talk, moan,moan moan, name call,throw petty insults around...... I dare someone.. be a man, have some spine and walk the talk ! Actions speak louder than words, unless words is all you have ? I mean seriously, question yourself, what is the point of barking on about what disgruntles you if there is to be no resolve ? It is no different to schollchildren writing witty insults on the toilet wall.

Exactly. All talk. No walk. And all because of less than friendly visa/immigration legislation that would exist whether or not Thaksin was in power.

Yeah right.. probably has nothing to do with the fact that people that disagree with this government often turn up "missing"? Sheesh... get real. I won't even bother with saying what a crappy, stupid cliche' ("you can talk the talk, but not walk the walk") that is. This isn't some pro wrestling match.

So what is the point of bitching,moaning and petty insults then ? What gets acheived ? Is this simply some form of "self therapy" for the built up angsts and frustrations ? If so, fair enough. I personally prefer actions rather than words as a resolution to my own quipes.

LOVE TRAGEDY / DEATH OF THAI RAK THAI MP

Police want more time to probe fatal plunge

BANGKOK: -- Police say they need more time to find out whether the death of a Thai Rak Thai MP who fell from a condominium on Wednesday was murder, suicide or an accident.

However, they are paying little attention to the MP's girlfriend who fell to her death from the same building hours later.

Prime Minister and Thai Rak Thai leader Thaksin Shinawatra, and the late MP's father, ex-MP Chalermpol Sanitwongchai, believed Atthapol was not the kind of person who would commit suicide.

On Wednesday, Atthapol, 38, died after falling from the 10th floor of La Maison Condo in Chatuchak district following a fight with his girlfriend Wassana Sunee, 25. After being questioned by police all day, the girl fell from the same building and died.

Pol Maj-Gen Chatchawal Suksomjit, deputy metropolitan police commissioner, said after a meeting yesterday of the police probe team that the inquiry into the death of the Udon Thani MP was making good progress.

``I don't want to say what the motive was as we need to question more witnesses and wait for autopsy results from the Institute of Forensic Medicine. I don't think a conclusion can be reached today,'' he said.

Ten witnesses have been questioned. Video footage from closed-circuit cameras showed there was no one else in Atthapol's condo unit other than the MP and his girlfriend.

The officer said the death of the MP's girlfriend would be handled as a separate case by Bang Khen police, but refused to say if police thought her death was mysterious, saying metropolitan police chief Pol Lt-Gen Parnsiri Prapawat would answer all questions.

Mr Chalermpol is insisting his son was unlikely to have taken his own life because he was not stressed, and was sober enough to drive before his death.

Mr Thaksin said he would host a funeral for Atthapol and discuss with Thai Rak Thai deputy leader Thammarak Isarangkura na Ayudhaya Mr Chalermpol's proposal that the party field his daughter in the by-election.

Atthapol's death seemed mysterious and Mr Chalermpol strongly believed it was not suicide. However, the death of the woman who was the key to the case could make the investigation difficult.

In Udon Thani, Wassana's father Chao, 53, while waiting for her body to arrive from Bangkok for a funeral, said his youngest daughter had lived with Atthapol for six years as a mistress and sometimes complained to her sister that the MP was jealous.

He believed his daughter killed herself due to stress after a day-long police questioning and having no one to console her.

--Bangkok Post 2005-06-24

Metropolitan Police commissioner Lt-General Pansiri Prapawat led a group of senior officers to inspect the apartment for about an hour yesterday afternoon.

Pansiri said the autopsy had shown it was unlikely the MP had killed himself.

He said Attaphol appeared to have fallen headfirst, which was unusual for a suicide.

But for others being found gagged, hands and feet tied behind chairs, and cords around their necks...all at the same time is always suicide! Guess there's nothing unusual about that. TIT :o

Full article link: MP, mistress may have been killed

Things are getting rather murky in this case:

Published on June 24, 2005

The families of MP Attaphol Sanitwongchai and his mistress Wassana Sunee, who fell to their deaths from the politician’s Bangkok apartment in separate incidents on Wednesday, said yesterday that the pair might have been murdered.

Police, meanwhile, ruled out Attaphol having committed suicide. This followed an autopsy on his body.

Attaphol’s father, former deputy commerce minister Chalermphol Sanitwongchai, said he did not think his son had taken his own life or died from an accident.

“My son might have been murdered, but I don’t think [Wassana] did it,” he said.

“He was outgoing and had a lot of girlfriends [earlier quote: He was a loving family man :o ], so it’s unreasonable to think he took his life.

“And I don’t think it was an accident either. He’s a regular drinker and the alcohol found in his blood was not high enough to cause him to pass out and fall from the room,” he added.

“I wonder if there was another person in the room other than the two [Attaphol and Wassana] at that time.”

Chalermphol dismissed speculation that he had said something to Wassana that could have forced her to commit suicide when she returned to the condominium after being questioned by police.

The ex-politician said he went to the condominium to collect his son’s belongings.

Chalermphol claimed he had also offered Bt5,000 to Wassana, but she refused to accept the money.

“She asked me to say good-bye to [Attaphol] for her at his funeral,” he said.

Wassana’s mother, Jamnian Sunee, 55, said she doubted that her daughter had committed suicide.

“I don’t think it’s a suicide. She had a phobia about heights and was afraid of death,” Jamnian said.

“And I don’t believe in the theory that she pushed the MP to his death either – she’s a lot smaller than him.”

Metropolitan Police commissioner Lt-General Pansiri Prapawat led a group of senior officers to inspect the apartment for about an hour yesterday afternoon.

Pansiri said the autopsy had shown it was unlikely the MP had killed himself.

He said Attaphol appeared to have fallen headfirst, which was unusual for a suicide. Really? Is it? I don't know, but it sounds strange.

The officer said investigators were now focusing on accident or murder as the possible causes for Attaphol’s death.

Police found latent fingerprints near the open window where the pair plunged to their deaths, he added.

Pansiri dismissed speculation that Wassana might have committed suicide due to stressful police questioning.

There were no signs that she would take her own life during the interrogation, he said.

I personally prefer actions rather than words as a resolution to my own quipes.

such as?

I had a bad cinema experience recently, so I demanded and received a booklet of complimetary movie vouchers.

Regarding TRT, as you may have observed, I dont winge and moan about them or their leader , ergo, I either realise that my actions would have little effect therefore winging is aimless or I am indifferent to the political climate or I have adapted my personal situation sufficiently to forgoe the need to winge.

So I dont have, nor do I ponder a solution for the anti-TRT brigade.

such as?

Well for my ancestors, instead of sitting around and whinging (and yes, there was plenty that we could have complained about) about the Thai gov't... we got up and took over the whole country, gov't, army, police, and economy included. All walk, no need to talk (unless it happened to amuse us to do so).

Police blamed for suicide of MP's lover

UDON THANI: -- The parents of the young women who committed suicide on Wednesday following the fatal fall of her lover - Udon Thani MP Attaphol Sanitwongchai - from the 10th floor of a Bangkok apartment block yesterday condemned the police for driving their daughter to her death.

Miss Wassana Sunee committed suicide shortly after the highly publicized death of the MP, which police are now treating as a murder enquiry.

Yesterday Mr. Chao Sunee, Miss Wassana's 53 year-old father, revealed that after hearing of the MP's death, he had sent his elder daughter, Miss Nittaya, to Bangkok to be with her.

Although Miss Nittaya had rushed to the capital, after having given her younger sister strict instructions to remain where she was, it was too late.

By the time she reached there, Miss Wassana had already killed herself.

Blaming the police for leaving Miss Wassana alone after her lover's death, Mr. Chao said that his daughter had been stressed and confused after a day of fierce police questioning.

If someone had stayed with her, he said, his daughter would still be alive.

--TNA 2005-06-24

And ....

Wassana’s mother, Jamnian Sunee, 55, said she doubted that her daughter had committed suicide.

“I don’t think it’s a suicide. She had a phobia about heights and was afraid of death,” Jamnian said. :o

So how can the police say Wassana committed suicide?

Words from those linked to the powerful is not to be taken likely.... and even if

Attaphol, did fall to his death after getting drunk, the police will still be looking for

the invisible murderer :D

Police rule out suicide in MP death case

BANGKOK: -- Forensic evidence has shown that Thailand's Udon Thani MP who fell to his death from a Bangkok apartment block on Wednesday did not commit suicide, Metropolitan Police Chief Pansiri Prapawat revealed yesterday.

Speaking after a meeting of police and forensic officials investigating the death of the ruling Thai Rak Thai MP, Attaphol Sanitwongchai, Pol. Lt. Gen. Pansiri said that the results of the autopsy coupled with the forensic evidence and the reports of 11

witnesses had rendered the idea of suicide weightless.

Noting that witnesses had clearly stated that the MP had no motive for committing suicide, he said that the police had ruled out suicide as a cause of death, and were now focusing their enquiries on a third party having caused Mr. Attaphol's fall.

The Udon Thani MP died after falling from the 10th floor room of a Bangkok apartment block in the early hours of Wednesday morning, apparently after a violent row with his girlfriend, Miss Wassana Sunee, 25.

Miss Wassana later committed suicide on the same day.

The Metropolitan Police chief said that officers were now closely questioning Mr. Phichet Japthien, the MP's chauffeur, who was known to have been at the apartment block at the time.

Mr. Attaphol had apparently accused his chauffeur and Miss Wassana of having an affair.

The autopsy performed on Mr. Attaphol has revealed that at the time of his death, the level of alcohol on his blood was 204 milligram/percent, a level high enough, according to the head of the Institute of Forensic Science, to cloud his ability to make decisions and to increase the risk of a fall.

Pol. Maj. Gen. Wichit Samathiwat also noted that the way in which Miss Wassana had fallen was consistent with suicide, while the way in which the MP had fallen head-first was not.

--TNA 2005-06-24

such as?

I had a bad cinema experience recently, so I demanded and received a booklet of complimetary movie vouchers.

Regarding TRT, as you may have observed, I dont winge and moan about them or their leader , ergo, I either realise that my actions would have little effect therefore winging is aimless or I am indifferent to the political climate or I have adapted my personal situation sufficiently to forgoe the need to winge.

While complacency and indifference may be the solution you have come to, it doesn't work for me. I'd rather work for change by educating others in an open debate. I'd like to see things improve for the good people of Thailand and that is accomplished by education. Change won't occur with apathy.

What you may consider whining is actually illuminating to others. History is full of changes that occured through open dialogue. Choosing not to do anything with unconcerned resignment has resulted in very few changes historically.

A lovely thing about TV is that anyone is free to focus on the area of their concern through a wide variety of topics. I choose to focus on the news aspects of life here and comment accordingly. Others seek hemmorhoid cures while still others focus on visa issues. The whole point of forums is allow people to express themselves freely, which is a becoming a rare commodity in Thailand these days.

such as?

While complacency and indifference may be the solution you have come to, it doesn't work for me. I'd rather work for change by educating others in an open debate. I'd like to see things improve for the good people of Thailand and that is accomplished by education. Change won't occur with apathy.

What you may consider whining is actually illuminating to others. History is full of changes that occured through open dialogue. Choosing not to do anything with unconcerned resignment has resulted in very few changes historically.

A lovely thing about TV is that anyone is free to focus on the area of their concern through a wide variety of topics. I choose to focus on the news aspects of life here and comment accordingly. Others seek hemmorhoid cures while still others focus on visa issues. The whole point of forums is allow people to express themselves freely, which is a becoming a rare commodity in Thailand these days.

On behalf of the status quo, I would like to express our continued support for your online illumination rebellion thing.

such as?

Well for my ancestors, instead of sitting around and whinging (and yes, there was plenty that we could have complained about) about the Thai gov't... we got up and took over the whole country, gov't, army, police, and economy included. All walk, no need to talk (unless it happened to amuse us to do so).

Might I inquire as to who the "we" are in your comments?

And ....

“I don’t think it’s a suicide. She had a phobia about heights and was afraid of death,” Jamnian said.  :o

So how can the police say Wassana committed suicide?

Looking at the forensic evidence perhaps?

:D

such as?

You may.

such as?

You may.

Texans perchance?

such as?

While in general agreement that actions speak louder than words. I think the primary problem we farang experience in Thailand is that there are certain items/areas that leave little possibility for action. I think this is the case in regard to Thaksin. We have no voting rights, and we have no desire to run the country (well most of us don’t). :o We are only attempting to express our displeasure/concern etc over the way things are currently being handled.

I would say that at best we can continue to express our opinion in hopes of maybe influencing those that have voting rights to take a closer look at what is going on around them. Silence is rarely the correct path.

Besides sometimes it does help to release some of that pent up frustration. A frustration that is multiplied by the knowledge that there are few real actions we can take that might realistically have any form of positive results. Most of us do wich to remain in Thailand - even if we have some limited issues with how things are done. I mean they did just shut down a web site, and they do have considerably more power than we do. Want to try to take action, and then apply for a visa?

Additionally I would add that taking on a move theater is considerably different than taking on the Prime Minister of a country, or the ruling party of a country.

such as?

You may.

I think for Heng "my ancestors" means everyone in Thailand who has any distant or not-so-distant relatives who at one time migrated to here from China.

My ancestors are British and I believe by this logic "we" now run the USA, Australia, Canada and a few sundry other places, as well as the UK of course, and basically have much of the political, military and economic clout in the world. This makes me personally feel very important.

As for Heng's more immediate ancestors, I think they actually had to go off to the good old US of A (Texas) to get the education and capital to get somewhere in Thailand. Unfortunately, it seems the experience has left him with some feelings of resentment.

Poor little boy... :o

While complacency and indifference may be the solution you have come to, it doesn't work for me.

If I had issues with TRT and chose to be complacent, well that would be very pathetic.

However, my stance is completely different.

I have zero issue with TRT. In my personal situation, and my friends and family in LOS...our lives are about as affected by TRT today as they were the day they came into power. If TRT policy and action ever start to impinge on my way of life,I'll choose the most appropriate course of action.I sure as heck wont be moaning about it on a forum.

But this all detracts from my original point. Moaning is pointless and aimless.Maybe you might enlighten others to the "cause"..however on this forum, you are probably only fuelling the fires of other moaners.

Mr. John, I do applaud your goals.But you need to take your words to those with power and influence.

While complacency and indifference may be the solution you have come to, it doesn't work for me.

If I had issues with TRT and chose to be complacent, well that would be very pathetic.

I have zero issue with TRT. In my personal situation, and my friends and family in LOS...our lives are about as affected by TRT today as they were the day they came into power. If TRT policy and action ever start to impinge on my way of life,I'll choose the most appropriate course of action.I sure as heck wont be moaning about it on a forum.

But this all detracts from my original point. Moaning is pointless and aimless.Maybe you might enlighten others to the "cause"..however on this forum, you are probably only fuelling the fires of other moaners.

Mr. John, I do applaud your goals.But you need to take your words to those with power and influence.

Pen, you have just described how most people in the world vote.They (me included) vote for what is better for them personally, rather than what is best for their country.

Pen, you have just described how most people in the world vote.They (me included) vote for what is better for them personally, rather than what is best for their country.

And if that is how a collective majority is formed - then it should be good for the country as well, not? :o

Police rule out suicide in MP death case 

BANGKOK: --  Forensic evidence has shown that Thailand's Udon Thani MP who fell to his death from a Bangkok apartment block on Wednesday did not commit suicide, Metropolitan Police Chief Pansiri Prapawat revealed yesterday.

Speaking after a meeting of police and forensic officials investigating the death of the ruling Thai Rak Thai MP, Attaphol Sanitwongchai, Pol. Lt. Gen. Pansiri said that the results of the autopsy coupled with the forensic evidence and the reports of 11

witnesses had rendered the idea of suicide weightless.

Noting that witnesses had clearly stated that the MP had no motive for committing suicide, he said that the police had ruled out suicide as a cause of death, and were now focusing their enquiries on a third party having caused Mr. Attaphol's fall.

The Udon Thani MP died after falling from the 10th floor room of a Bangkok apartment block in the early hours of Wednesday morning, apparently after a violent row with his girlfriend, Miss Wassana Sunee, 25.

Miss Wassana later committed suicide on the same day.

The Metropolitan Police chief said that officers were now closely questioning Mr. Phichet Japthien, the MP's chauffeur, who was known to have been at the apartment block at the time. 

Mr. Attaphol had apparently accused his chauffeur and Miss Wassana of having an affair.

The autopsy performed on Mr. Attaphol has revealed that at the time of his death, the level of alcohol on his blood was 204 milligram/percent, a level high enough, according to the head of the Institute of Forensic Science, to cloud his ability to make decisions and to increase the risk of a fall.

Pol. Maj. Gen. Wichit Samathiwat also noted that the way in which Miss Wassana had fallen was consistent with suicide, while the way in which the MP had fallen head-first was not.

--TNA 2005-06-24

Just a Thought... Maybe Mr. Attaphol had an insurance policy that doesn't pay if death is by suicide>...............

I can not vote in LOS.

And yes, I do act out of what is best for me and my family.

such as?

You may.

I think for Heng "my ancestors" means everyone in Thailand who has any distant or not-so-distant relatives who at one time migrated to here from China.

My ancestors are British and I believe by this logic "we" now run the USA, Australia, Canada and a few sundry other places, as well as the UK of course, and basically have much of the political, military and economic clout in the world. This makes me personally feel very important.

As for Heng's more immediate ancestors, I think they actually had to go off to the good old US of A (Texas) to get the education and capital to get somewhere in Thailand. Unfortunately, it seems the experience has left him with some feelings of resentment.

Touched a nerve there eh?

*shot in the dark hitting the wall down by the gate*

Will have Sriracha John touch that up tomorrow.

:D:D

Edited by Heng

such as?

You may.

Touched a nerve there eh?

*shot in the dark hitting the wall down by the gate*

Will have Sriracha John touch that up tomorrow.

:D:D

I'm more than willing to help out on improving your English skills as you apparently have difficulty understanding yesterday's post copied below.

george  Yesterday, 2005-06-24 11:46:59 Post #51 

Platinum Member

Group: Admin

Member No.: 128

Are we off-topic here?