Ed Visa Overstay

I'm waiting for a letter from the ministry of education to apply for a new ED visa (my current ED visa expires next week). What if the letter comes after my visa expiration day? Do I have to leave the country and come back if I'm few days late or maybe I can pay a fee and stay?

Thank you for your help,

Andrew.

You must be talking about an extension of stay rather than a visa and it could go both ways. Technically your stay ends on the date indicated and if not extended by that date you would need a new visa from outside Thailand. But there have been reports of people paying the overstay fine and being allowed to continue there extensions of stay so it seems to be up to what chance you want to take. Once your permission to stay ends you are illegal and could be arrested/detained if involved in a police check for some reason.

Got reply from the ministry of education. Turns out I have to leave the country and apply for a new visa. They said, that some people move to Phuket from Pattaya, when they can't extend their visa there (that's not the reason I moved). So they're giving me some letter from school and sending me to Philippines. They said I just fly there, bring the letter to Thai Embassy in Philippines, they give me a three month visa, I fly back to Thailand and keep doing my extensions every three months like before. Is that right? I'm pretty confused with all that visa stuff right now, lol. Thank you for your help, guys.

In general that has been a very difficult Embassy to obtain any kind of visa. Please let us know how it goes. Hopefully things have changed and the persons sending you there know it. We do not have enough recent reports from there to know as most people avoid it like the plague.