Seh Daeng's Daughter: I Willl Lead Dad's Political Party

webfact

It is a well known fact that his daughter is/was a yellow shirt supporter. Google it. Could it be the scent of money from Montenegro that is motivating her?

Either that... or perhaps the fact that her father was murdered??? Jeez!

What she says in the interview is very composed IMO. I see great potential.

Murder?

He was a senior army officer conducting a (para)military operation. He knew the score.

Murder? More like a friendly fire.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Same side as in against Kant. Just because Seh Daeng didn't like Chuwit, doesn't mean they both didn't immensely dislike the cops. I'll try to be clearer next time. Hence the statement I made.

ahh, okay. i forget that i am on Thaivisa board. I thought you have a weak memory in the demalition case but didn't consider that you know probably nothing about Seh Daeng, but still making statements.

His 'fights' with the police are legendary. that isn't a secret. every Thai know him, he did his best to cement the image army=good, police=no_so_good.

I don't think she is rich, her father was not so successful in business, and he was bankrupt in some law suits by a couple of former police chiefs over some business deals. She does get his generous army pension for life, something that would not have happened had Seh Daeng been disbanded from the Army as discussed at one point.

Bankrupt in business? law suits over some business deals?

half true. Seh daeng wasn't into shady business activities, he only obtained his salary as Maj General. but he has a debts of 20 million. How comes?

<snip>

Did not intend to suggest Seh Daeng was a businessman, only that we was not, and didn't have the knack for it. He was driven bankrupt by lawsuits from two police chiefs over shady business, not necessarily his, as explained in the link that I provided that you removed.

As you pointed out, he is famous for his anti-police position as well as for fighting communists. Probably the greatest social divide in Thailand today is between the police force and the citizenry. How would you explain Seh Daeng eventually supporting Thaksin, well known for his support for the police status quo and corruption? I don't know the answer but is seems something changed for him along the way.

Did not intend to suggest Seh Daeng was a businessman, only that we was not, and didn't have the knack for it. He was driven bankrupt by lawsuits from two police chiefs over shady business, not necessarily his, as explained in the link that I provided that you removed.

As you pointed out, he is famous for his anti-police position as well as for fighting communists. Probably the greatest social divide in Thailand today is between the police force and the citizenry. How would you explain Seh Daeng eventually supporting Thaksin, well known for his support for the police status quo and corruption? I don't know the answer but is seems something changed for him along the way.

nah, that link wasn't that informative, but still the government thinks it posed are threat for the national security and i am getting redirected to:

58.97.5.29/annouce/www.capothai.org/

An access to such information has been temporarily ceased

due to the order of the Centre for the Resolution of the Emergency Situation (CRES)

under the authority of emergency decree B.E 2548 (A.D. 2005).

to avoid problems, such like that my entry get deleted or some smart board bullies start to argue that i cannot be in Thailand i removed the link.

i also removed the photo, thought it is not necessary to keep it in the quote.

well, why Seh Daeng "supports" Pol. Lt-Col. Thaksin? probably because Thaksin don't support the police corruption in that way as it is often repeated here on thaivisa und that argument only the argument of a simpleton. Seh Daeng definitely wasn't a simpleton.

much more than he supported Thaksin, he protected the Red Shirts, a counter balance to the military crackdown machina.

He is only the security, he always said.

Don't forget next to slashing commies Seh Daeng was also Buddhist, he saw his duties to serve the people. he followed the principle of the the 10 virtues of the king, Tossapit Rajatham, in which he saw a concept not only for an emperor or the sovereign, but any individual in a leader position, an executive of any organisation should use as guideline.

and day by day it becomes more clear who is worse than Thaksin ever did bad.

Seh Daeng didn't support the coup, Seh didn't support the Abhisit & Suthep regime.

Why he didn't support them, that should be your question. and the answer is obvious.

nah, that link wasn't that informative, but still the government thinks it posed are threat for the national security and i am getting redirected to:

58.97.5.29/annouce/www.capothai.org/

An access to such information has been temporarily ceased

due to the order of the Centre for the Resolution of the Emergency Situation (CRES)

under the authority of emergency decree B.E 2548 (A.D. 2005).

to avoid problems, such like that my entry get deleted or some smart board bullies start to argue that i cannot be in Thailand i removed the link.

i also removed the photo, thought it is not necessary to keep it in the quote.

well, why Seh Daeng "supports" Pol. Lt-Col. Thaksin? probably because Thaksin don't support the police corruption in that way as it is often repeated here on thaivisa und that argument only the argument of a simpleton. Seh Daeng definitely wasn't a simpleton.

much more than he supported Thaksin, he protected the Red Shirts, a counter balance to the military crackdown machina.

He is only the security, he always said.

Don't forget next to slashing commies Seh Daeng was also Buddhist, he saw his duties to serve the people. he followed the principle of the the 10 virtues of the king, Tossapit Rajatham, in which he saw a concept not only for an emperor or the sovereign, but any individual in a leader position, an executive of any organisation should use as guideline.

and day by day it becomes more clear who is worse than Thaksin ever did bad.

Seh Daeng didn't support the coup, Seh didn't support the Abhisit & Suthep regime.

Why he didn't support them, that should be your question. and the answer is obvious.

Laugh. Yeah Thaksin may have been against police corruption, but he took political/personal corruption to a whole new level. I wont go into all of them here, but a few that come to mind are the Ratchadapisek land deal, soft govt. (EXIM) loans to Burma to buy telecom equipment and services from Shin Corp, Paying 0 taxes on the sale of Shin corp in the sale to Singapore via Ample Rich.

Thaksin set the standard for Thai political corruption. I don't think anyone before or after will ever take that title from him.

What policies, if any, does this party have?

Why this party should have no policy?

Party mission statement

Priority Number One: Separate the powers of the police. Arrest is the police duty but not investigation. For the task of investigations set up a new and independent agency.

Is that a joke? In most (all?) countries the police investigate, hence why they their investigations run into evidence they go back to the (A)DA with to get arrest-warrants and then carry out the arrests of the suspects.

• Like 1

What in her background qualifies her to head a political party?????? She's 29 years old, she's barely out of school. Get some real experience first before setting yourself up as the head of a political party.............................

Democrats face tough choice in by-election

The Democrats have high expectations of winning the by-election on July 25 and they are concerned about finding the most suitable candidate. However, they have a choice of too many candidates backed by senior figures.

Chitpas Bhirombhakdi.

Chitpas resigned as a staff member of the PM's Secretariat Office after distributing beer calendars displaying pictures of nud_e models at Government House last year. Although the 25-year-old Singha beer heiress is new to the Democrats - she applied for Democrat membership only in March - she has a big supporter in Deputy Prime Minister and Democrat secretary-general Suthep Thaugsuban.

"We are keeping our eyes on this matter as it could be a turning point for our party. Especially, it will show if we will lean on financiers or not. We will see which way Democrat Party leaders Abhisit [Vejjajiva] and Suthep take the party between the conservatives and capitalism - the way former PM Thaksin [shinawatra' did," one key party leader commented.

could you tell me why this 25 year old woman is seen as the best candidate by the leaders of the Democrat party?

Party mission statement

Priority Number One: Separate the powers of the police. Arrest is the police duty but not investigation. For the task of investigations set up a new and independent agency.

Is that a joke? In most (all?) countries the police investigate, hence why they their investigations run into evidence they go back to the (A)DA with to get arrest-warrants and then carry out the arrests of the suspects.

but in not so many countries the criminals running the police stations.

and in even less countries armed medics treat jaywalker, handing out the governments favorite medicine.

610xzns.jpg

Party mission statement

but in not so many countries the criminals running the police stations.

and in even less countries armed medics treat jaywalker, handing out the governments favorite medicine.

610xzns.jpg

Where did you get this photo. West Timor?

Thai Red Cross are not arm. Not even with water pistol.

It's amazing what one can find by employing the forum's search engine.

In the 8 year history of Thaivisa there's been 3,684,445 posts made by its 99,522 members.

Out of all of that staggering amount of text from the huge number of posters from all around the world and the literally millions of posts, those that have used that unusual and distinct neologism numbers only 4, all of whom posted with the exact same style and content of posts expressing the same opinion and all banned, all except for the latest version:

news you place and copypasta here in the forum

It is a sad thing that people with google education and their copypasta paragraphs

copypasta. without providing a link to the source

is it copypasta from somewhere else?

The thread from a year ago reads just like the current threads. Sigh.

av-81700.jpg

Thats because the propagandistas are out in force creating their own revionist version of peopel and events. This thread is utterly ludicrous in some of the things written

It is easy to understand. If the author of a comment thinks someone is on the side he likes then that perosn must be shown to be good and if the author thinks that a person is on the side they dont like then that person must be shown to be bad.

If a person doesnt have a side their comment may be more balanced. This equally true of any of the other boards discussing Thai politics.

and in even less countries armed medics

610xzns.jpg

I can only presume you don't have much experience in this area at all as Army medics from a plethora of countries are deployed with weapons.

That is correct, something that also repeatedly have been pointed out to BangkokPundit and other bloggers and tweeters with (more or less) red bias, as they seem to forget their days in the armed forces or just have never had any in their life...

Watch this space. She could be the next

Aung San Suu Kyi

Can you explain this statement? It seems to have no basis.

ASSK father was murdered by the government/army.

The daughter who has no interest in politics have to step in and lead a party and finally elected as PM by the people.

However the army play cheat, and prison her instead.

Seh Daeng's Daughter: I Willl Lead Dad's Political Party EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW

Who is this Seh Daeng guy? I thought on Thai visa only proper names were to be used. I can't find any politician in Thailand called Seh Daeng, if its another name for Mr Thaksin then perhaps you should use that name instead.

Aung San Suu Kyi

The daughter who has no interest in politics have to step in and lead a party and finally elected as PM by the people.

Yes we know all that but you miss the main point. ASSK's father was in a different game altogether and ASSK led a movement against Burmese generals who are probably now the worst of the world's dictators responsible for corruption on such a massive scale that the people are left wanting and human rights abuses that must begin to equal those in Cambodia and other such parts of the world. Dear can run whatever party she likes but to compare her and by implication the situation to Burma is risible - or just wholly inaccurate.

She can be proud of her father. He was a hero for many, not only red shirts. loyal to the king, Seh Daeng served the people. I have a deep respect for him.

When Dear want to become a politician, to stay independent from other parties is a good start. Her father was greater than politics, more decent than any politician. I hope she can keep Seh Daeng's spirit alive with the party.

A dead thug missed by only the hard-line violent red supporters.

That his daughter intends to place herself at the services of Thaksin like her father is a shame, but there it is.

610xzns.jpg

I can only presume you don't have much experience in this area at all as Army medics from a plethora of countries are deployed with weapons.

That is not the point. in how many countries the government used the army to disperse participants of a political assembly of more than 5 people?

and is it really that laughable when Seh Daeng suggest to separate the powers of the current Thai police and build up a new independent agency that does the investigations?

610xzns.jpg

That is not the point. in how many countries the government used the army to disperse participants of a political assembly of more than 5 people?

and is it really that laughable when Seh Daeng suggest to separate the powers of the current Thai police and build up a new independent agency that does the investigations?

In answer to your question "in how many countries the government used the army to disperse participants of a political assembly of more than 5 people?"

Probably depends on how many people the political assembly has already killed and injured, and how much national infrastructure they have tried to blow up, or whether they are calling for the destruction of the capital or not. In this case, probably all countries except Somalia, where such violent assembly is the norm.:)

610xzns.jpg

In answer to your question "in how many countries the government used the army to disperse participants of a political assembly of more than 5 people?"

Probably depends on how many people the political assembly has already killed and injured, and how much national infrastructure they have tried to blow up, or whether they are calling for the destruction of the capital or not. In this case, probably all countries except Somalia, where such violent assembly is the norm.:)

:facedesk:

again, that all over the world the governments would had acted same as the Abhisit regime is an unfounded fantasy, plus it don't become true if it gets repeated all the time.

a reality check is to listen to the European parliament

part2:

[/url]

:facedesk:

again, that all over the world the governments would had acted same as the Abhisit regime is an unfounded fantasy, plus it don't become true if it gets repeated all the time.

a reality check is to listen to the European parliament

Now you are just being silly. No government would allow a 2-month take over of the central business district of their nation's capitol. Especially not when the protesters were armed with grenades, bombs, molotov cocktails, military rifles, and handguns. And if the protesters turned their weapons on security forces, killing 11 of them and injuring some 500, the response would not be pretty.

Don't shoot her down. She could possibly be the 1st woman PM of Thailand.

And being a lawyer means she has shady clients, does shady deals and takes money. Do you know a lawyer who does not?

Yes I do. Do you know what her specialty is or client list is? No you do not, so how can you comment?

Please keep in mind that a decent justice system requires that people have access to legal representation. Sometimes the people that look slimey and guilty are not. They just look that way. Is the lawyer that defends such a person shady? Isn't it more shady to allow people to be denied justice based upon appearances? Are the lawyers that help draft contracts and wills shady? Are the lawyers that pursue civil cases on behalf of injured parties shady? If so, then all of us are shady because at some point in our lives we will hire legal counsel whether it be to execute a home purchase, a will, or a defense in a dispute.

I commend this person for choosing a positive path. She has chosen the way of civilized discussion and dialogue. It is certainly better than the apathy that plagues our society today and much better than the path of violence.

Edited by geriatrickid

Aung San Suu Kyi

I'm not so sure that she has yet earned her Nobel Prize, as you seem to be ? :)

Seh Daeng's Daughter: I Willl Lead Dad's Political Party EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW

Who is this Seh Daeng guy? I thought on Thai visa only proper names were to be used. I can't find any politician in Thailand called Seh Daeng, if its another name for Mr Thaksin then perhaps you should use that name instead.

Oh Dear, another silly post, time to add one more to the Ignore-list. :D