Just Bought A Us Iphone

janetrockwell

Hmmm there must be something wrong with my thaivisa.com, I cant seem to see the rest of your post, I mean... NOBODY would come on here asking for help and only leave two vague tiny sentences that dont give us any information. Must be a forum problem, hope they fix it so we can help you.

Wow. Thanks for the helpful reply. dry.gif

The rest of the description is not really useful for whether the phone can be unlocked or not, but here you go.

I'm selling a very nice, pre-owned Apple 3g iPhone. The iPhone works great and comes with the original apple brand wall charger/usb cable. There is a small tear in the rubber insulation on the charger cord, but this does not affect charging capabilities in any way, nor does it present a danger because the individual wires are still wrapped in their insulation. What is torn is only the outermost rubber shell. Ships in original box. This phone is not unlocked. This iPhone has version 3.1.2(7D11). Cosmetically, the iPhone is in nearly perfect shape.

Wow. Thanks for the helpful reply. dry.gif

Maybe you could have been more helpful if you would have asked a question in your first post. We are not mind readers.

You need to check what baseband the phone has. You can find out by going to General - About - Modem Firmware. If it says 05.12.01 then as of today you cannot unlock the phone. It can be jailbroken but that will not allow you to use it with a Thailand sim card to make calls. If it reads anything else then a unlock is fairly easy.

If it reads 05.12.01 then it is expected that a unlock solution will be available shortly after Apple releases the new operating system iOS 4 which is expected late this month.

My caution would be that buying a USA phone the requires a unlocking solution everytime Apple decides to patch their operating system can be a PIA at least and can lock you out of using you iPhone to make calls with a local sim should you have to upgrade the system either by mistake or a valid system problem.

Proceed with caution but you have been warned.