Ashes White Wash

It was a poor show from Australia and highlighted their emerging weaknesses in 2 areas.

From having England 33/5 to letting them get a draw is pretty dismal stuff from the Aussies to be frank. It yet again highlights the frailities in their bowling depth.

Yet again McGrath looked tired at the end of the game and Gillespie may as well have stayed at home. Where is the new blood?

Lee has to play in the tests is the Aussies are to have any chance as he has shown that he can be devastating with the new ball.

From being 56/0 from 7 overs to being ground down also showed that they are far from confident in the batting department as well.

From an English perspective our top order need to sort their act out and fast. Loose shots and feeble footwork made hard work out of what should have been an comfortable task even on that seaming wicket.

If England can claim any victory from this it is the moral psychological victory. The difference in body language of the two sides was so very obvious last evening. The Aussies looked downcast and frankly gutted, England were buoyant.

Edited by ProfessorFart

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My mate was turned down for Australian citizenship on the grounds that he was overheard saying ' Well played Mate' to the captain of the team that had just beaten his. :o

Anyway Bloncs...............it seems lose or draw, the Ozzie population of TV have nothing to say. Sometimes I wish we would keep losing, at least there's plenty of people to talk to next day. :D

[/quote

Lamp Shady...

No , he was turned down coz he was a mate of ur's....

The Aussies looked downcast and frankly gutted, England were buoyant.

You cant help yourself Pro fart, can u.... England should have lost that game....but still, England is just managing to stay alive.... the Test's start soon, cant wait !!... :o

Yes I agree with you there as well. At 33-5 we should have lost it. In fact England a few years ago would have lost it instead of grinding out a technical victory. In fact more than England should have lost it, more to the poiunt is Australia should have won it. I know it is very hard for you to talk sense Siam, but think about it a bit.

What you are all forgetting is the pitch and conditions......the pitch favoured the faster bowlers and the overcast conditions didnt help batsmen either.....it was a Pom who said at the change of innings that they were hoping for a bit of sun to dry the wicket out...thereby giving the Poms an advantage....after all that is why they sent Aussies in to bat first.

In both innings .... the top order fell cheaply and it was the middle order that held the game together...

21 drawn games in ODI history...but I think the first final to be drawn.....what a great game and had me on the edge of the seat till the end...while a no result is always disappointing....the game was played in good spirit and both teams should be proud of their efforts.

What you are all forgetting is the pitch and conditions......the pitch favoured the faster bowlers and the overcast conditions didnt help batsmen either.....it was a Pom who said at the change of innings that they were hoping for a bit of sun to dry the wicket out...thereby giving the Poms an advantage....after all that is why they sent Aussies in to bat first.

In both innings .... the top order fell cheaply and it was the middle order that held the game together...

21 drawn games in ODI history...but I think the first final to be drawn.....what a great game and had me on the edge of the seat till the end...while a no result is always disappointing....the game was played in good spirit and both teams should be proud of their efforts.

Exactly. Well put Burnsie old bean. I still got that feeling that the Ashes real are going to go like yesterday.

Exactly. Well put Burnsie old bean. I still got that feeling that the Ashes real are going to go like yesterday.

Yeah....all the groundsmen are rushing to put greentops in..... :o:D

Siam, I agree England should have lost the game from 33/5.

So what does that say about Australia and England?

Have a good think about it and get back to me here!

Ok Fart......England should have lost.......I then posted that England is just staying alive...( u with me Fat and Lampard..u following...).....which means that England is playing as good as they can, and just staying alive enough to be competitive......where as Australia has yet to even get out of 2nd gear, Australia has not even started to play hard yet......England has been very very lucky so far, having an Australian team that has just come of a long break away from cricket......

but count ur days Lampard and Pro Fart...coz the Test's are coming...!!!! :D

Great win by the All Blacks wasnt it !!!!!!!! :o:D:D

Ok Fart......England should have lost.......I then posted that England is just staying alive...( u with me Fat and Lampard..u following...).....which means that England is playing as good as they can, and just staying alive enough to be competitive......where as Australia has yet to even get out of 2nd gear, Australia has not even started to play hard yet......England has been very very lucky so far, having an Australian team that has just come of a long break away from cricket......

Yes....supurb win by the All Blacks. The New Zealanders are the best in the world at rugby again now. They've stolen the mantle from England.

Have a whinge about that over night like Lampard does, and post something in the morning " Pro Fart"...

:o all u English posters.....do u all think that ur team is that bad that ur not even going to win one test match...??

I know that Lampard think that......no wonder ur team just dies in the arse everytime they have pressure put on them....

:o  all u English posters.....do u all think that ur team is that bad that ur not even going to win one test match...??

I know that Lampard think that......no wonder ur team just dies in the arse everytime they have pressure put on them....

Yes I think we are so bad that even the Bangladeshi boys could give us a beating in a one dayer I think that the this Ashes will be a white wash and that the moon is made of cheese. :D

Dies in the arse?

Have a whinge about that over night like Lampard does, and post something in the morning " Pro Fart"...

U forgot to answer Pro fart....

Yup, England sure 'died in the arse' on Saturday!

Come on lads leave the poor boy alone. I must stick up for Superfly the way you are all treating him. He'll grow out of it. Remember we was all like that in junior school. I was the same when I was 9, couldn't write properly,didn't have a good grasp of the basic English language, used to talk and take the p1ss about subjects I knew nothing about. Leave him alone now all of you. You never know, he might be a really nice boy when he grows up. :o

Hey Siam, theres that pom whinging about you again :o  :D  :D

Yeh....Lampard is like those footpath steel grid drains in Bangkok....u can see it, u walk over it, and u know that everytime its going to smell bad, but it always smells worse than what u thought it would......same as a Lampard post, can see it, u know its gonna be bad and its usually worse than u thought it was going to be... :D

Hey Siam, theres that pom whinging about you again :D  :D  :D

Yeh....Lampard is like those footpath steel grid drains in Bangkok....u can see it, u walk over it, and u know that everytime its going to smell bad, but it always smells worse than what u thought it would......same as a Lampard post, can see it, u know its gonna be bad and its usually worse than u thought it was going to be... :D

Jeez you think that smells bad. If you lose the Ashes that smell is going to follow you everywhere you go until the next series. You're gonna stink. :o

Hey Siam, theres that pom whinging about you again :D  :D  :D

Jeez you think that smells bad. If you lose the Ashes that smell is going to follow you everywhere you go until the next series. You're gonna stink. :o

Wont happen.....we wont lose...

Australia v South Africa test starts in a few mins.....a real game..

If you need Warnie to score your runs you are in bother!!!

They do, Prof old mate, they do.............................................and they need Hayden to bowl. :o:D:D

:D:D

Personally, I hope for a competitive series.I would like to see the Aussies streched a bit, 'cause that would be good for cricket.just can't see it happening though.