Maximum Of 4Years On Committee

Can anyone tell me if the new laws about being on the condo committee for a maximum of 4 years 2 +2 , means 4 years total fullstop. Or is it 4 years from when the new law was introduced in 2008. I spoke to a local solicetor who said its 4 years fullstop, however when i brought this to attention of Committee they said thier solitor said its 4 years from new law being introduced. Can anyone help. Thankssssssss.

It's limted to 4 consecutive years (2+2) without opportunity to be voted on again (years 5 to 6) only if there is a lack of new eligible candidates to be on the committee. So in the absence of sufficient new candidates an incumbent at the end of year 4 may propose for re-election.

I don't think it is retrocative so the 4 year start is from the commncement of the new rule.

We have spoke to solicitor who says its 4years altogether, so if started on committee in 2006 you are out 2010. Even though law only started 2008. We are going to try and get this committee kicked out so will keep you posted if we are right.

I don't think it is retrocative so the 4 year start is from the commncement of the new rule.

We have spoke to solicitor who says its 4years altogether, so if started on committee in 2006 you are out 2010. Even though law only started 2008. We are going to try and get this committee kicked out so will keep you posted if we are right.

Please keep us posted !!!!