And When You Run Into An Awful First Date?

sbk

A follow up to awful first dates, the worst thing would have to be then running into the person later on!

It happened to me when I was young, met this guy, the date wasn't spectacularly awful but no way was I going on another one (lets just say the restaurant was glad to see the back of him, he took 15 minutes to choose, asked for all sorts of substitutions and then was super fussy about everything that came).

I pretended like I didn't see him when I saw him a few weeks later, ducked into a shop and pretended I really needed to look at the air filters I had seen in the window! :)

I've always treated everyone with respect no matter how bad the date was, so it never really mattered if I saw them again or not. I have had to tough out a few bad dates a long time ago... but I not any longer. I don't have "dates" as such because I'm not into relationships anymore. I have lots of lady friends, but we just agree to go out for supper and a talk.

Why would you go to a restaurant on a first date? unless you knew the person before hand?

rule number one take note,

never go to a restaurant on a first date!

go for a drink, easier to leave after one drink.

than half way though a meal.

Why would you go to a restaurant on a first date? unless you knew the person before hand?

rule number one take note,

never go to a restaurant on a first date!

go for a drink, easier to leave after one drink.

than half way though a meal.

Despite what 'the books" say, I think a restaurant is a great place to get an idea about the person.

Does he arrive on time, dress properly for the establishment, shout at waiters, pick his nose in between courses, use the same glass for white and red wine, ask you to pay half, order pizza and ketchup, slurp his noodles while spraying you with soup, spit his chicken bones on the table and so on?

wow you girls (women) must have gone out with some real high quality guys judging from your experience..............spitting.........slurping......etc etc

Firstly I am not a girl but am willing to learn.

2ndly obviously you have never been to China, bone spitting on the table is common.

3irdly obviously you never had noodles on the street at 3:46 am - it's not easy on those plastic chairs.

Edited by bkkjames

Had a dinner date in a Japanese restaurant when he decided to show me how you to eat noodles Japanese-style. Basically really slurping up the noodles really noisily. Im pretty sure it got way noisier than necessary, just to see if i would crack. ..and I did.

We bumped into each other a few times after ..because we are still dating.

I cracked by laughing. :)

wow you girls (women) must have gone out with some real high quality guys judging from your experience..............spitting.........slurping......etc etc

Firstly I am not a girl but am willing to learn.

:) on second thought, better not post that :D

One guy didn't even result in a first date, I found him boring and gave him the wrong telephone number.

We bumped into each other a few weeks later and he called me a slut and threw a beer at me. He was removed from the nightclub by my boyfriend, who happened to be the bouncer!!!

In my case, it was the early 80's in Edinburgh and there were only a few bars and clubs that the "Hip" people went to!

Shise, did i just say HIP!!!

Oh dear, my cover's blown.... now everyone will know I'm not hip...

SC