School Of Walen Visa Date Issue?

Moving to Chiang Mai on August 12th 2010 and have paid for and received my paper work from Walen. Not sure if it is a problem but on my letter they state the date as July 12th 2010 to July 11 2011. It seems that they missed the date by one month. I sent them an email informing them of the date issue and this was their response:

Regarding to the starting date in the school paperwork.

Our authorized paperwork is still valid if you apply the ED visa before the date shown (May 31st) in the body of the letter.

Please remember that the ED visa itself is valid for 89 days. So you should not have any problem with that letter.

Once you obtain ED visa, kindly inform us.

Kinda confused by their response, not sure what the May 31st response is about as I didn't get my paperwork back from then until June 8th. Are they talking about May 31st 2011? I am posting my concerns here because I hate to bother them again, I have emailed them quite a bit asking many questions as I don't want to miss anything important following the process.

Am I also correct that my one year visa will start the day it is approved which means I should apply here in the United States close to my departure date? Any recommendations on a consulate in the U.S. that I should go with? I live 2 hours away from the consulate in Broken Arrow, Oklahoma so I could go there in person. What are my chances of getting a multi-entry?

Thanks in advance for any advice!

The visa should be good for 90 days. Just use it before then, and you'll be given 90 days permission to stay when you enter the country.

I believe you'll need to go to immigration every 90 days to get an extension.

If you study at a university, I think you can get a one year visa extension.