Thailand: 500 football betting websites closed down

webfact

ICT: 500 football betting websites closed down

BANGKOK (NNT) -- About 500 websites involved in the football gambling have been closed in the first five days of the 2010 FIFA World Cup (11-15 June 2010), according to Information and Communication Technology Minister, Chuti Krairiksh.

More than 500 football betting websites have been shut down so far since 11 June 2010, the first day of the 19th FIFA World Cup following the ministry’s all-out campaign against football gambling websites.

Nevertheless, the minister added that football gambling would not completely be eradicated from the Thai society although all related websites would be blocked. He explained that most of bookmakers would resort to services of errand runners instead, so football punters could bet with bookmakers directly.

As a result, Mr Chuti believed that football betting in Thailand would never be wiped out, and would normally rise during an international championship, if the issue could not be solved properly.

Apart from the Ministry of Information and Communication Technology, the Ministry of Culture and the police as well as other related units are working hard to prevent and suppress football gambling during the ongoing 2010 World Cup.

nntlogo.jpg

-- NNT 2010-06-16 footer_n.gif

impressive work. good job.

the government can be proud of its Ministry of Information and Communication Technology, the Ministry of Culture and the police as well as other related units.

I second that. I feel that I will sleep better tonight knowing that it will be harder for Thai people to bet on the world cup. Well done The Ministry of information and communication technology, the Ministry of culture and the police thank goodness we can rely on all of you to make thailand a safer place.

the government can be proud of its Ministry of Information and Communication Technology, the Ministry of Culture and the police as well as other related units.

I second that. I feel that I will sleep better tonight knowing that it will be harder for Thai people to bet on the world cup. Well done The Ministry of information and communication technology, the Ministry of culture and the police thank goodness we can rely on all of you to make thailand a safer place.

huh.gifblink.gifunsure.gif

huh.gifblink.gifunsure.gif

I also support the closing down of website.

I suggest Thailand should just shut down the whole internet during the world cup period.

:):D :D Why didn't we see this sort of proactive intervention during the recent Yellow and Red shirt rallies? Edited by bdenner

Me too instead they can continue to bet on the Mua thai fights right out in the open in full public view LAMAO what a joke

Me too instead they can continue to bet on the Mua thai fights right out in the open in full public view LAMAO what a joke

boxing is for winner.

18991230151219.jpg