Where Do You Live?

villagefarang

112 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Let me start off by saying that I live roughly 50km East from each of my three main ports of entry to town (Mae Kon Intersection, 1233 Wiang Chai Intersection, Haa Yak Intersection). It all depends on which route I take. That is 50k just to get to Highway 1 or Phahon Yothin.

I know several people who live even further out than I do and thought it might be interesting to see what kinds of numbers we get. No one will be able to track you down from the pole, so please don't be shy. Share more information if you wish.

• Like 2

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I debated putting in more options but settled for 'within' certain distances. Twenty to fifty is a big gap but I was hoping some might, do as you have done, and add a little more information.

This is my first poll so perhaps I'll do a better job on any future attempts. Just trying to add something new to our little forum. Things have been very quite lately.

Edited by villagefarang

I debated putting in more options but settled for 'within' certain distances. Twenty to fifty is a big gap but I was hoping some might, do as you have done, and add a little more information.

This is my first poll so perhaps I'll do a better job on any future attempts. Just trying to add something new to our little forum. Things have been very quite lately.

In Gonrat Village which is at the end of SanKong Luang Soi 6. I assume this is would be classified as In town.

In Gonrat Village which is at the end of SanKong Luang Soi 6. I assume this is would be classified as In town.

I can't speak for everyone but that would be 'in town', in my book.

The poll says 13 members have cast votes but I only count 10. That must mean a few of you just wanted to look without participating.

So far it looks pretty evenly split between those who are in close and those who are out in the sticks a bit more.

We live 2.5kms outside of the city on the Wiang Chai side. We have the best of both: easy bike ride to centre of town, and a quiet isolated country life.

How about that long awaited coffee Scea? VF to join us perhaps?

Give me a PM and come up with a time, not too early or too late, please, and a day. I'll leave it to you as you're a working man. VF is fine as long as he brings his lovely wife. :)

I have to do a run into town soonish anyway.

Give me a PM and come up with a time, not too early or too late, please, and a day. I'll leave it to you as you're a working man. VF is fine as long as he brings his lovely wife. :)

I have to do a run into town soonish anyway.

I plan to be doing a bike ride to Chiang Mai and back on Tuesday for my 1000km checkup.

does anyone live or know about the areas up on the mountain on the CM road, highway 118?

particularly, what's Mea Chaedi Mai or Pa Miang on the CM side like?

its fairly high up, is it cool, does it rain much, what are the villages and the people like? could a farang live up there with wife from Essan?

thx steve

Hi to all,im a bit futher out than most (Chiang Khong) on the Laos border about 130 klicks,i normally use the 1098/1173 route the roads are good now they have finished the tarmac bit of a nightmare before but all good now,their building a new dual carraige way to CR from our quite little town (soon to be boom town),with the new bridge going up just outside our village,then you can drive over to Laos and China,the bridge will be completed in 2012/13 but thats Thai time so dont quote me on that one.

We visit CR quite often at least once a month,we are trying to sell our house at the moment and want to move a bit nearer CR,so if there's any takers we want 2.2 mil bhat,we would be interested in renting somewhere near Wiang Chai once we have sold our place,it looks and feels like where we would like to be for the next ??? years (God Willing),and i must add CR suits us fine.

Regards Woralak (Manny)

PS:::::this is not a plug to sell our house but if you would like to look,here it is.PS PS more if you want (By PM)

does anyone live or know about the areas up on the mountain on the CM road, highway 118?

particularly, what's Mea Chaedi Mai or Pa Miang on the CM side like?

its fairly high up, is it cool, does it rain much, what are the villages and the people like? could a farang live up there with wife from Essan?

thx steve

I live a little further north that the area you describe, as you seem to suspect, it's a little cooler and a little wetter than lower lying areas like Chiang Rai.

There's a lot of hillstribes people through there, and if you go further into the mountains, ethnic Chinese.

Whether your wife from Isaan will fit in depends on her, she may have language problems, the mix tend to be complex, particularly if her native tongue is Khmer based. A Lao speaker would probably do better.

Woralak you didn't vote. You would fit nicely in the 'further' category I believe. We often take the route through Wiang Chai to get to town and I have to agree that would be a nice area to live. Much more convenient than Chiang Khong.

Nice to hear those roads are in better shape now. I have been avoiding them on my motorbike rides.

Woralak you didn't vote. You would fit nicely in the 'further' category I believe. We often take the route through Wiang Chai to get to town and I have to agree that would be a nice area to live. Much more convenient than Chiang Khong.

Nice to hear those roads are in better shape now. I have been avoiding them on my motorbike rides.

Voted again,and cheers for the info on the phantom.

I see mcgriffith is being cute today. Technically Chiang Mai does count as 'further out', I guess. ;)

Come on Jubby help out with the vote count. You have to be somewhere around 40km, give or take. :)

By my count we have 22 voters and 7 lookers. Surely there are more of us. :o

I asked jubby why he hasn't voted yet. He told me that he hasn't had time, as he is diligently following the "Slime on The Inside Wall Of Fish Tanks" thread in the Farming Forum. As soon as I learned of this interesting development in the Farming Forum, I too pretty much abandoned the CR forum. So far, the slime is white but we are expecting an update soon that will confirm that the color has changed to green. There is just no way of telling where this thing will go next.

Anyway, I suspect that the slime thing will eventually die down a bit and jubby and the rest of us will return to the quieter landscape of the CR forum. He will probably cast his vote at that time.

I finally worked out how VF knows who voted what.

While it doesn't matter in this case I always though that voting in TV.com polls was confidential. :unsure:

I'll remember that when VF starts his "who's your favourite moderator" poll. :lol:

Greetings Trend Setters,

I'm shocking with directions etc,

but we're in Doi Hang about 18k's

out of town (past Don's).

The village is called Bongnacome.

Regards

Will

But Will, your vote doesn't show up on our poll. Please try again. :)

Greetings Trend Setters,

I'm shocking with directions etc,

but we're in Doi Hang about 18k's

out of town (past Don's).

The village is called Bongnacome.

Regards

Will

But Will, your vote doesn't show up on our poll. Please try again. :)

Oops!

Done.

Will

I see mcgriffith is being cute today. Technically Chiang Mai does count as 'further out', I guess. ;)

Come on Jubby help out with the vote count. You have to be somewhere around 40km, give or take. :)

By my count we have 22 voters and 7 lookers. Surely there are more of us. :o

Hey, you seemed so eager for response, I thought I'd help!

:P

I haven't spotted the Slime thread yet KD. I'll get right on it. ;-)

I didn't Vote, VF knows where I live ;-). But I guess getting 20 + people to participate deserves atleast another vote. Has Limbo Voted yet ? :unsure:

I still suspect its like 22 voters and 500 lookers still though