Book Clubs

hUsh

Have the same question myself. If anybody knows of / sets up a book club then count me in! Hmm... another idea for a(nother) new forum... :o

There's a library with English books on Suriwongse Road. I've never been there myself, but Googled it and found on somebody's website:

Nielson Hays Library - I found an English library, and it happens to be the oldest English library in Thailand. It's located next to the British Club, in a beautiful colonial mansion- the building itself is a tourist attraction. I was ecstatic (well, as ecstatic as you CAN be in a library) on finding that it had a great selection of recent books and children's books. It was built in 1921 by a Dr Hays, as a memorial to his wife, Jennie Neilson Hays. During WWII, the Japanese occupied the building and removed most of the British collection. They say the collection has not been complete since. www.neilsonhayslibrary.com

I'd be interested in joining an English language book club also if one exists or is started up.

Also- thanks siamesekitty for posting the info about the Nielson Hays Library. I'll find my way down there sometime and check it out. :o