New True Visions Decoders

Maejo Man

Has anybody had a new True Visions installed lately, or exchanged an old one? If so what are the connection options on the rear of the decoder, apart from the regular three RCA plugs and the coaxial RF in and out. Any info apreciated :)

They now have two decoders - SD and HD.

I have the HD one. No idea what other connections it offers, but, naturally, it has a HDMI connector.

Sorry I should have clarified that. It's the standard decoder details that I am after. What I really need to know is does the latest standard decoder have an HDMI connection.

I have two boxes, one of which is  very old, and that one has Aerial out , RCA out and SVideo out. I  had to replace the other decoder because it no longer worked. The replacement box only had 1 output, RCA, and I was told that if you want to connect 2 TVs you need 2 boxes (at an extra charge of course). These are now the standard issue, besides the HD box.  I then replaced that box with the new HD box, which has RCA and HDMI output. I think it may have a connection to a computer.

Does anyone know where I can buy a HDMI splitter and any idea of what I might expect to pay?

I had UBC installed about 2 months ago. I got a Humax IR-H101S box which has the following outputs

Video - 1 Output RCA (CVBS)

Audio - 2 Output RCA (Audio L/R)

RS-232C - 9 Pin Socket type

No option for coaxial output on this box!!

A very nice little box and shows the TV schedule up to 24 hours in advance which I'm lead to believe some of the older boxes didn't.

I think the HD boxes may have the same as abouve but with "obviously" HDMI and I think they also have coaxial output as well. In theory you should be able to run a TV from each output on the back provided your leads are long enough and you don't mind having all the screens on the same channel :)

I had UBC installed about 2 months ago. I got a Humax IR-H101S box which has the following outputs

Video - 1 Output RCA (CVBS)

Audio - 2 Output RCA (Audio L/R)

RS-232C - 9 Pin Socket type

No option for coaxial output on this box!!

A very nice little box and shows the TV schedule up to 24 hours in advance which I'm lead to believe some of the older boxes didn't.

I think the HD boxes may have the same as abouve but with "obviously" HDMI and I think they also have coaxial output as well. In theory you should be able to run a TV from each output on the back provided your leads are long enough and you don't mind having all the screens on the same channel :)

Many thanks for that. I currently have a Humax box but it has RF out for the TVs upstairs. I just thought that there might be a new decoder out that had an HDMI even thought it was not a HD signal. Thanks again...