Thailand's Red-Shirts Planning Revenge

webfact

You can think what you like - you're wrong.

Thaksin's support now is greater than it was. It increased and solidified the day the first red shirt protester was killed. The Reds now have a fight for democracy and a fight for justice on their hands.

Make no mistake. This is the lull before the storm. I live in the heartland of Red country and the depth of feeling is unmistakable. Thailand is now completely polarised. The Government can no longer rely on the support of the police and the rank and file of the Army are nearly all Red shirt supporters (being made up principally from people from the N.E. and N.W.). Many Army generals are sympathetic to the Reds cause. The Government cannot rule out divisions in the Army hierarchy.

This fight for democracy threatens Thailand's entire social order. The likelihood of Thailand becoming a republic grows ever closer.

I think the fact that you live in the heartland of Red country says a lot. It has clearly skewed your perspective.

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If you do NOT know, Thailand is on a path for a complete break up into 3 or 4 countries. One small visible sign that would show this could be averted would have Thaksin and Sondhi in jail before the next elections. This would be quite easy to accomplish under The Joseph Plan, and as part of it.

Anybody who takes sides with either the reds OR the yellows is equally as stupid as the other.

When Thailand is on fire and breaking up, just remember all of the idiots who claim they predicted it are NOT predicting it.

With the correct moves, Thailand could be a G30 Nation within 5 years.

OR is it just going to be way too much fun watching the red and yellow gangs slugging it out to get control of government finances???

This simply cannot be true it was only yesterday that it was reported that Thai tourism will recover in 6 months, surelyBandit's crystal balls cant be wrong

:whistling:

How would you have any idea of what is going on with the redshirts behind the scenes? Does Thaksin call you every night and tell you what they are going to do? :blink:

Does he call The Nation on Sunday?

Edited by termad

I see the emergence of a new political party.......not too difficult if you look around........all it has to do is maintain decent values and integrity.......and the resulting consequences will become obvious to you all.......but it would be naive to dismiss the potential violent element of the reds, or the southern violence, they exist, are a disgusting policy as they tend to maim innocents, but will not be solved by confrontation.......If the democrats are disbanded because of irregularities ( I doubt this will happen, but this is Thailand!).....then the door is wide open in Thai politics.

Don't be so pessimistic. There is not much to doubt that we will see the dissolution of the Democrats and Abhisit banned from politics.

This will open the path to a new way in Thai politics and a reconciliation where everybody can participate.

Thaksin's support now is greater than it was. It increased and solidified the day the first red shirt protester was killed. The Reds now have a fight for democracy and a fight for justice on their hands.

Make no mistake. This is the lull before the storm. I live in the heartland of Red country and the depth of feeling is unmistakable. Thailand is now completely polarised. The Government can no longer rely on the support of the police and the rank and file of the Army are nearly all Red shirt supporters (being made up principally from people from the N.E. and N.W.). Many Army generals are sympathetic to the Reds cause. The Government cannot rule out divisions in the Army hierarchy.

This fight for democracy threatens Thailand's entire social order. The likelihood of Thailand becoming a republic grows ever closer.

I think the fact that you live in the heartland of Red country says a lot. It has clearly skewed your perspective.

The front page of the 'Post on Sunday' today shows that it hasn't skewed his perspective.

This is typical of Thaksin and his ilk and their mindset.

Power at any price and corruption to feather their own fouled nest even further under the pretence of democracy.

None of those puppets that were (mis) leading the Red Shirt demonstrators supporters etc had nor do have any interest in true democracy.

It is all about Thaksin and his malovent desire for revenge upon Thailand and its peoples.Thaksins ego is the cancer that could if allowed to destroy this country.

Thaksin and his allies many of whom are not Thai have been invited to feast upon the carcass of Thailand under Thaksins dream.

These people must be stopped before Thailand becomes a vassal state of a Sino Thai kleptomaniac.

Thats where you are wrong totally.

The problem of Thailand is a small Elite who devour everything and leave the majority of the county with nothing.

Thaksin has no desire for anything but good for the people of Thailand.

However I suspect he has revenge on his mind when it comes to the small band of old corrupt elite who stage managed his fall from power and who have through lies and manipulation dragged his name through the mud.

This is why the people like Thaksin, as he was willing to take on those corrupt old men, and even though he failed he has given them hope that some day soon those corrupt old men who run in privileged circles might finally get removed.

Do you perform live somewhere?

Seriously funny... you must be a professional comedian... right?

Make no mistake, Thaksin's apologists are living in a dreamland.

The May events attack on the working class of Bangkok kicked off on two counts:

First, the confiscation of Thaksin's money from the corruption convictions and secondly Thaksin's timetable to capture the leadership of the army ahead of the November 2010 appointments.

The reds boasting of a million man march which never happened were reduced at the end to a few thousand frenzied fruitcakes with a headless blackshirt armed militia firing in all directions.

On the ground they were beaten.

Now what is the dynamic of the current threats to have another go from our red friends?

Its money again.

The Government is now on the campaign financing money trail which Thaksin coughed up for the death and destruction caused.

The red supporters smell another payday if they can disrupt the money trail investigation, blocking and confiscation.

If I had a wish it would be to form armed Bangkok neighborhood working class militias to fight any further incursions from the Thakin paid lumpen thugs coming back.

But for now the army will do.

That must be the most stupid biassed and violent post to date.

Just REMEMBER this whole situation is far from over..it will continue UNTIL there is an ELECTION!

Once there is an ELECTION then you YELLOW SHIRT Sympathizers will have to be on the side of the REAL TERRORISTS! As the YELLOW SHIRTS will make their move.

So you ask where is the end of this conflict? I think if you study what is really going on here you will find the answer!

Let there be no mistake my shirt is RED!

The problem seems to be that there is a controversy within the red shirt movement itself as to whether objectives can be achieved through peaceful means. If they had hammered out a document like an American Republican Party or Democratic Party platform, I'm sure the majority would have voted for non-violent peaceful resistance and civil disobedience. In that case, clearly anyone who advocated violence would be out.

At this point it is unclear whether the violent faction of the red guards operated under the knowledge and approval of the red shirt leaders, or whether they were a clandestine section. As for the mainstream red guards, they should have been unarmed and limited in function to crowd control issues. There were many early reports of their admirable performance in restraining angry protesters, keeping them separated from counter-demonstrators, and even protecting captured Thai soldiers. If they had been unarmed and limited to these roles, red shirt wouldn't be such a negative household word today. I don't know if their decision to arm the guards came from the example of the previous yellow shirt protesters, or whether there was some other motive.

The problem now, and I do see the PM making some efforts to address this, is that the terrorists having done their deed, the PM's talk of national reconciliation, there seems to be a witch-hunt on for red shirts in an atmosphere that almost makes it illegal to be a red shirt. It must not be forgotten that the armed contingent was about 500 in number by some estimates, but that the rally peaked in tens or hundreds of thousands, depending on which estimates you follow. The majority of those people were peaceful families. Anyone who speaks derogatorily of them has not spent any time with them. Hats off to the PM for recognizing this.

Just REMEMBER this whole situation is far from over..it will continue UNTIL there is an ELECTION!

Once there is an ELECTION then you YELLOW SHIRT Sympathizers will have to be on the side of the REAL TERRORISTS! As the YELLOW SHIRTS will make their move.

So you ask where is the end of this conflict? I think if you study what is really going on here you will find the answer!

Get over it! The election already happened and the reds lost. Period. And lost big time in the most recent elections. It does not look good for them in the future...especially if their war chest is locked up and they can't bribe the locals!!!!

Sure, they will still have pockets of supporters in Issan, but the majority of Thailand will not vote their way...

Your reply just shows how uninformed you are...have another Chang!

Get over it! The election already happened and the reds lost. Period. And lost big time in the most recent elections. It does not look good for them in the future...especially if their war chest is locked up and they can't bribe the locals!!!!

Sure, they will still have pockets of supporters in Issan, but the majority of Thailand will not vote their way...

Your reply just shows how uninformed you are...have another Chang!

Care to elaborate?

Ever wonder how a police colonel turned himself into a billionaire via government contracts, and then tripled his wealth while in office?

I have always thought it was through hard work and endless over timeph34r.gif

Is anybody actually surprised that what happened in Bangkok probably isn't the final chapter in this sad story?

Well as many have said its all about face saving, so they lost their face and it would be totally wrong to move on with their lives, revenge must be taken and of course the people will be used as pons in the game-who cares about them?m oh yeah thats right-Thaksin does!!!LOL (not)

Is anybody actually surprised that what happened in Bangkok probably isn't the final chapter in this sad story?

Well as many have said its all about face saving, so they lost their face and it would be totally wrong to move on with their lives, revenge must be taken and of course the people will be used as pons in the game-who cares about them?m oh yeah thats right-Thaksin does!!!LOL (not)

And all through this, the poor suffer the most. I was with some friends in the hotel biz yesterday. Told me how many people have been laid off at the big hotel where they work...waiters, bartenders, maids, gardeners, etc....unreal. I am sure they are not real happy with the reds right now...

Power at any price and corruption to feather their own fouled nest even further under the pretence of democracy.

None of those puppets that were (mis) leading the Red Shirt demonstrators supporters etc had nor do have any interest in true democracy.

It is all about Thaksin and his malovent desire for revenge upon Thailand and its peoples.Thaksins ego is the cancer that could if allowed to destroy this country.

Thaksin and his allies many of whom are not Thai have been invited to feast upon the carcass of Thailand under Thaksins dream.

These people must be stopped before Thailand becomes a vassal state of a Sino Thai kleptomaniac.

i think you´r absolutly right, it´s all about Mr.T.

Thats where you are wrong totally.

The problem of Thailand is a small Elite who devour everything and leave the majority of the county with nothing.

Thaksin has no desire for anything but good for the people of Thailand.

However I suspect he has revenge on his mind when it comes to the small band of old corrupt elite who stage managed his fall from power and who have through lies and manipulation dragged his name through the mud.

This is why the people like Thaksin, as he was willing to take on those corrupt old men, and even though he failed he has given them hope that some day soon those corrupt old men who run in privileged circles might finally get removed.

My God. I don't believe that you actually believe this cr"p! I'm sorry, I do respect other points of view but this is ... well, leaves me speechless.

Just hope to God that you are right. When I read the interviews with these red leaders I simply don't understand how people can support what they say. The BPost's front page interview with the Red shirt J, just showed what an ignorant and bigoted cretin he is. If he genuinely wanted change then he would engage with the current process - but off course this is not what they want so they have to make up all these stories and fake scenarios in order for them to get their way. For a change I just hope in this world that Good will overcome their obvious evil ...................

I live in the heartland of Red country and the depth of feeling is unmistakable. 

I live in Chiang Mai - Thaksin territory - and slim is partially.right.  The feeling is unmistakable: Most redshirt sympathizers saw the violence and hatred on May 19 and have turned their back on them.  Thai people do not want a civil war and they want decent lives. Destroying tourism has not helped anybody or anything and the redshirt  leaders have quite effectively pointed out that they are only interested in power and lining their own pockets.

Hopefully, Thais will support the PM in the next election. Like Prime Ministers Chuan and Arnand before him he actually has their best interests in mind. There are not a lot of local politicians who can make this claim. 

With whom are the Red Shirts actually aiming thier "revenge" at? Surely not the already affected Bangkok citizens,I think we and the rest of the country have had enuff of this destructive attitude and its time now from all sides to pull thier heads in and work together for the country and cease this stupidity.I see that Jaturpon is thinking of running in Bangkok bi election and at first I was disgusted at the thought of somone with an arrest warrant pending able to do so, but ,hey maybe he should and be responsible for repairing the damage done by the red mob.

I live in the heartland of Red country and the depth of feeling is unmistakable. 

I live in Chiang Mai - Thaksin territory - and slim is partially.right.  The feeling is unmistakable: Most redshirt sympathizers saw the violence and hatred on May 19 and have turned their back on them.  Thai people do not want a civil war and they want decent lives. Destroying tourism has not helped anybody or anything and the redshirt  leaders have quite effectively pointed out that they are only interested in power and lining their own pockets.

Hopefully, Thais will support the PM in the next election. Like Prime Ministers Chuan and Arnand before him he actually has their best interests in mind. There are not a lot of local politicians who can make this claim. 

Sorry to disagree with you UG but i have a complete reversal of feelings that have made me come to the conclusion while it may be said a lot of people who support the Red shirts may be a little pissed of of the recent antics of a few they still remain loyal to the movement (and sadly Thakskin)In actual fact i am surprised at the amount of people in various prominent positions who i would never have dreamed of as being red shirt supporters that have turned out to be. I am not saying this is a good thing or not but just a different observation.

My word how ignorant of the facts some people are.

The "Reds" have won every election for over a decade.

The Democrats have lost every election for over a decade.

Sadly democracy cannot overcome the power of the military and the old corrupt Bangkok elite who have stolen power from the reds by a coup (military and judicial).

What is going on now is the total destruction of the Reds financial backers so that they are neutered ahead of an election.

Obama needed 600M US$ to get elected, if Obama supporters in the US had all their finances frozen he would never have won the election.

The Thai Junta know what they are doing, however their action is becoming more overt now and the more overt it is the more and more people will be able to see clearly how corrupt they all are and that its nothing to do with Thaksin, its a grab for power by the old corruptos to reduce democracy to zero within Thailand, so the Thai Junta can rule for ever more............