Y & B Dental

Drew Aitch

I don't think Y&B Dental Clinic is seen on the most popular haunts for Nasher Treatment, so was wondering if anyone has had any experience with them? They are located at a side entrance of CM University (same soi that Dunkin Doughnuts sits on the corner of).

I've also seen a brand New and very posh looking dental clinic being constructed in the middle of Soi Sukkasame just off Nimmanhaemin Rd. Might be one to look out for in the future.

Aitch

I had work done at Y&B. I was pleased with the whole experience with them. And I am phobic about dentists! They handled me well even with all my own problems about going to dentists.

Thanks for that MSPain (Mikey)

I did find a website for them but a lot of the links didn't work (could have been an AIS 3G problem), but they were boasting state of the art equipment. From what i saw of the prices online, they appeared to be a little high compared to some others, yet they seem somewhat undiscovered. Maybe that's because they're tucked away in a sub soi on the way to the mountains.

Might pop in and have a clean and check-up and see how that goes :)

Cheers

Aitch

Edited by Drew Aitch

The male dentist is a Japanese that was born in Brazil. So he can speak Portuguese, Japanese, Thai, and English. Maybe more. He is also, I believe, teaching at the dentistry school of CMU.

The female dentist, his wife, is Thai. All of them, including the staff I interacted with, were extemely pleasant.

Unless the price of something is too far out of the market value, I, personally, do not mind paying a little more for decent service.

Good luck!

MSPain

I've been there 3 times for cleanings so I can't comment on anything else. Other family members have been there for other treatments, but nothing major. Prices are very reasonable and I found Y&B to be one of the few honest dentists in CM. They have never recommended any procedures that didn't need to be done.

If the OP has no major problems and is looking for a dentist, this would be a good time to try them.

I've been using Y&B for a couple of years now. All the equipment is new and the place is spotless. Word must be getting around as it was quite busy the last time I went. Prices are reasonable, cheaper than Grace anyway.

Dr Yugo, the Japanese owner with his Thai wife are both lecturers at CMU. He must be well qualified as he teaches the PhD students.

Thanks el jefe.

They're not far from my home actually which was how i spotted the clinic. They don't seem to get any mention on they TV dental threads, although they seem to do some good deeds from what I've read:

There is a husband and wife team of dentists in Chiang Mai named Dr. Eduardo Yugo Suzuki (Japanese/Brazilian) and Dr. Boonsiva Suzuki (Thai) who have been putting their extra time towards a project they have developed called 'Adopt a Broken Smile'. Their project is aimed at people in Chiang Mai who have had their teeth damaged in motorcycle accidents and can't afford the cost of fixing them. These doctors know all too well the repercussions of having a mouth full of bad teeth and how this goes on to affect your life. They work on this project out of the stylish Y & B Clinic at 8 Huay Kaew Road

That said, they either don't want the business, or have more than they can cope with. I say this because their 'Price & Duration' page is now blank on their website, and their email doesn't work (delivery failed receipt).

Anyway, as they are so close, i will probably stick my head in the door if for no other reason than to get a current price to compare with other practices around the city. I'll keep the forum informed.

Aitch

DrewAitch,

Be careful jumping to conclusions just because something is not to your liking on an internet web page. You should be aware of that just by looking at the threads on TV.

MSPain

Thanks el jefe.

They're not far from my home actually which was how i spotted the clinic. They don't seem to get any mention on they TV dental threads, although they seem to do some good deeds from what I've read:

There is a husband and wife team of dentists in Chiang Mai named Dr. Eduardo Yugo Suzuki (Japanese/Brazilian) and Dr. Boonsiva Suzuki (Thai) who have been putting their extra time towards a project they have developed called 'Adopt a Broken Smile'. Their project is aimed at people in Chiang Mai who have had their teeth damaged in motorcycle accidents and can't afford the cost of fixing them. These doctors know all too well the repercussions of having a mouth full of bad teeth and how this goes on to affect your life. They work on this project out of the stylish Y & B Clinic at 8 Huay Kaew Road

That said, they either don't want the business, or have more than they can cope with. I say this because their 'Price & Duration' page is now blank on their website, and their email doesn't work (delivery failed receipt).

Anyway, as they are so close, i will probably stick my head in the door if for no other reason than to get a current price to compare with other practices around the city. I'll keep the forum informed.

Aitch