Cannot Discuss "bar-boys"

ChrisP

Hi all...

I'm sorry, but I'm told that we have to be a little more "circumspect" on ThaiVisa about discussing "Bar-Boys" or things related to Bars...

The Admin of ThaiVisa has stopped all discussion of "Bar-Girls" and related topics by hiving them off to a "Sponsored" Forum outside of ThaiVisa proper...

BarLadies.com

This message from the TV Admin dept.:

===================================================

Talking about bars and the happenings around bars is against the forum rules. If we allow bar topics of any nature, it erodes Thaivisa.com's position.

We close topics every day about "How much should I send someone I have met in a bar", or "I have a lover from a bar, should this person be trusted" The fact of the matter is they are bar topics.

There is also a question about being sensitive to Thai Culture. This (bars - sex scene) is not an image that Thailand wants to promote, and therefore should not be condoned by this website. It also runs the danger of us getting put on the banned list with a proliferation of Bar topics.

Gay issues should be allowed, but bar-boys discussions should be discussed elsewhere, not on thaivisa.com.

No bargirls, no barboys .

==================================================

I know.......... :o

Your Mod

ChrisP

It's a bit of a shame, because I always like the relatively mature level of discourse we had here as a result of the no-nonsense moderation (and, believe it or not, the contributions of the *straight* posters alongside those of the gays). But I know how certain topics have gone overboard in the past- too bad some people spoilt it for the rest of us.

I think there *is* one site where gay topics of all sorts can be discussed with a certain seriousness, though it gets a bit bitchy at times for my tastes (it's the same one I think that AsiaWolfie and Elephantspike have hinted about at times). Anyone who wants the address can PM me.

"Steven"

I actually read that thread, and it was conducted very well IMO, nothing really different from the problems arising in a lot of the "straight" relationships here. I'm fairly sure it would of picked up its fair share of trolls eventually though and just deteriated.

Steven I'd be carefull PM'ing links to other forums as thats not allowed either.

RC

It's a bit of a shame, because I always like the relatively mature level of discourse we had here as a result of the no-nonsense moderation ....

//snip

"Steven"

Go ahead and debate the topic, but why not be a bit careful about what you say, then you will have everyone's support.

Can't you say something like "my partner isn't always interested in my heart" or "Financial matters seem to trouble my new partner".

Then it takes something sensational and changes it to the mundane, without losing the context of what you are saying. I think it may also keep trolls and flamers away. But those you are sharing your experience / situation with are still in the loop.

Matt

Your Supporter

After Edit - Oh my wireless link can be annoying :o

There is also a question about being sensitive to Thai Culture. This (bars - sex scene) is not an image that Thailand wants to promote, and therefore should not be condoned by this website. It also runs the danger of us getting put on the banned list with a proliferation of Bar topics.

BULL!!!

If it makes money, these people turn the other cheek. All these supposed values have never matched what I actually see my years here. Money (number one) is this culture.

Thailand is the 5th heaviest drinking country in the world.

The largest sex industry is here.

but you don't wanna hear this do you? don't like what I'm saying to you. You thought you had a good girl but had a ho and didn't know it.

BULL!!!

If it makes money, these people turn the other cheek.  All these supposed values have never matched what I actually see my years here.  Money (number one) is this culture.

but you don't wanna hear this do you?  don't like what I'm saying to you.  You thought you had a good girl but had a ho and didn't know it.

Oh c'mon.....

What is that rant for..

Nobody has said that a large sex industry does not exist... however the government does not want to promote that fact (whether it gay or hetrosexual)...

This site has to protect it's own interests... and that means not p1ssing off the government... now anyone who doesn't understand that is stupid... :D

So Tyree.D.... get off your high horse...

totster :o

BULL!!!

If it makes money, these people turn the other cheek.  All these supposed values have never matched what I actually see my years here.  Money (number one) is this culture.

but you don't wanna hear this do you?  don't like what I'm saying to you.  You thought you had a good girl but had a ho and didn't know it.

Oh c'mon.....

What is that rant for..

Nobody has said that a large sex industry does not exist... however the government does not want to promote that fact (whether it gay or hetrosexual)...

This site has to protect it's own interests... and that means not p1ssing off the government... now anyone who doesn't understand that is stupid... :D

I was gonna edit my quote, but I've been quoted and got replies anyway. I just doubt any of these mods are Thai and they are talking about Thai Values. Before I registered, I saw a post with a guy trying to claim that good Thai girls don't drink. Well aren't women the majority and only four countries outdrink here? And along with "where you come from?" and "you like Thai food", the other coomon question is "Thai lady beautiful?" I have never met a Thai person that objected to the things that go on here. I have been here for 13 months nonstop and the most disturbing things I have seen were in tourist/foreigner free places. I'm not even gonna say what I have seen.

These mods are westerners, the kind that have opinions when they should be "mai pen rai" like the Thais. But I do think this board should just stick to visa related topics, and then you have a lot of bitchers here. Thailand's visa rules are friendly compared to North Korea and compared to a Thai lady trying to get into England.

BULL!!!

Oh c'mon.....

What is that rant for..

I was gonna edit my quote, but I've been quoted and got replies anyway. I just doubt any of these mods are Thai and they are talking about Thai Values. Before I registered, I saw a post with a guy trying to claim that good Thai girls don't drink. Well aren't women the majority and only four countries outdrink here? And along with "where you come from?" and "you like Thai food", the other coomon question is "Thai lady beautiful?" I have never met a Thai person that objected to the things that go on here. I have been here for 13 months nonstop and the most disturbing things I have seen were in tourist/foreigner free places. I'm not even gonna say what I have seen.

These mods are westerners, the kind that have opinions when they should be "mai pen rai" like the Thais. But I do think this board should just stick to visa related topics, and then you have a lot of bitchers here. Thailand's visa rules are friendly compared to North Korea and compared to a Thai lady trying to get into England.

I think you are missing the point... i'm sure the average everyday Thai person would not objest to the discussions here... however it's not them that are the worry, it's the people who decide whether a site should be blocked in Thailand or not (boys in brown/government), who do not want Thailand shown in this light, that are the worry.

And the main point is... If the people who run this forum do not want a certain type of Subject discussed on here for whatever reason.. then it's their prerogative to close it.

totster :D

sounds like they are scared! :D:D:D:D

"I fell in love with a girl, oh and she works at a bar" is an innocent topic that will not shut down this board. and yes, I do post on barladies.

I'm also on www.futureproducers.com there they only allow threads about music. when things go :o boards get out of hand. That's why I suggested this board should only be about visas, especially if you are banning bar topics.

sounds like they are scared!  :D  :D  :D  :D

"I fell in love with a girl, oh and she works at a bar" is an innocent topic that will not shut down this board.  and yes, I do post on barladies. 

I'm also on www.futureproducers.com  there they only allow threads about music.  when things go  :D boards get out of hand.  That's why I suggested this board should only be about visas, especially if you are banning bar topics.

You're obviously finding all this hard to understand.... and I'm bored now :D

One clear rule for Thailand is that there is a difference what you discuss informally in the street, and what is reported in the media or shared in a public forum.

Thaivisa is a place intended for everybody and can be read by anyone since no special access is required. We do not want people who come here for factual information about neutral subjects such as visas or travel advice to be turned off by references to the sex scene in every other post.

There are other forums for that type of discussion, and apparently you have already found one, so why not keep using that one for those subjects?

Bar topics tend to attract lots of trolls and socially dysfunctional posters who do not seem to understand or care where the line of common decency lies.

So the suggested solution to all topics that might spill over into bar boy territory is to take them to Barladies.com?

I wonder how sympathetic are the regulars there to discusions of gay guys having problems with their Bar BOYS rather than bargirls?

Does anyone know?

Well ... why don't you post and find out... Maybe they will create a sub branch or something... you never know... :o

Well, given that the name of the site is "Thaivisa.com", and given that the gay thread on here is somewhat barren (though helpfull sometimes), and given that many threads here degenerate into bargirl/barboy clientelle chitchat anyway, and given that Thailand is moving towards a media chill in as many formats as it can manage, I don't see why anyone has a problem. :o

:D

I have to say that I'm happy to report that in the past 6 months the Quality of Thread discussion on the "Gay in Thailand Forum" has been exceedingly high, compared to some of the other Forums on TV. That includes discussions between gay and str8 members here TOO! :o

You just have to look back at some longish posts to see that. Some actually got to 6 pages before running out of steam... (and didn't turn abusive).

Cheers!

ChrisP

So the suggested solution to all topics that might spill over into bar boy territory is to take them to Barladies.com?

I wonder how sympathetic are the regulars there to discusions of gay guys having problems with their Bar BOYS rather than bargirls?

Does anyone know?

Well ... why don't you post and find out... Maybe they will create a sub branch or something... you never know... :o

Exactly, from what I have heard, if you don't flame, Troll or outrage the members, you can post almost anything you like there, go and look

I'm under control now. After I posted, I went to a bar, but I can't talk about that. As for barladies, there is one guy that keeps posting about how he loves ladyboys and he's really annoying. There was a troll that got banned on every board, including this one and that one.

I found the site on accident when I tried typing bankofamerica then barladies popped up.

so everybody stick with visa topics here and go there for a safe discussion about the ladies(and ladyboys) we love.

p.s. I like gay Asians (back to the topic of this thread).

I'm under control now.  After I posted, I went to a bar, but I can't talk about that.  As for barladies, there is one guy that keeps posting about how he loves ladyboys and he's really annoying.  There was a troll that got banned on every board, including this one and that one.

I found the site on accident when I tried typing bankofamerica then barladies popped up.

so everybody stick with visa topics here and go there for a safe discussion about the ladies(and ladyboys) we love.

p.s.  I like gay Asians (back to the topic of this thread).

Under control eh.... :o

I'm under control now.  After I posted, I went to a bar, but I can't talk about that.  As for barladies, there is one guy that keeps posting about how he loves ladyboys and he's really annoying.  There was a troll that got banned on every board, including this one and that one.

p.s.  I like gay Asians (back to the topic of this thread).

Under control eh.... :o

can I talk about non-working girls I met a discos? They got me.

......<snip>....I saw a post with a guy trying to claim that good Thai girls don't drink......<snip>

Try going to a temple where they speak plain English and ask about Sin Ha. Its the 5 virtues people aspire to. One of them includes no alcohol or intoxicants.

My partner will only drink (half a glass of wine cooler) on My Birthday, Her Birthday and New year, and no other time, smoking etc it out of the question.

As for barladies, there is one guy that keeps posting about how he loves ladyboys and he's really annoying.

He got a long suspension for gloating about the other guy being banned, then took his bat and went home.

I lurk there, but it looks like you would behave there like you would in any other "meeting Place that serves intoxicants", you want to be nice and enjoy the company of others, then you get on, if you want a fight, there are any number who will stand up for it.

Go and enjoy.

Matt

Actually, it's a sign of how non-bar-related this part of the forum HAS BEEN for quite a long time that now is the first time it has been brought up as a topic here (and I'm sure that was at least a little bit because of jealous straight posters who've been fuming about the cancellation of bar topics on the other forum rooms). I haven't seen people focussing all that much on this kind of bar life here. There've been topics about good places to go in general, and then this one topic of PB's that got closed, and that's about it.

It just happens that many places that are technically gay-related businesses are in fact restaurants, pubs, and bars of some description or another. Presumably as long as we're not focussing on the professionals that won't stop us recommending a good place for a drink.

I like Mattnich's idea of how to keep the trolls out and the censors at heel while still having informative discussions. Thanks for the continuing support for this section from all the mods and many straight posters!

"Steven"

Saying this completely off-topic, of course, and not on the topic that got closed, of course,......

but lately, I've noticed that some of the entertainers in Thailand have very pretty faces and nice slender bodies and other various physical attributes that some people find very alluring....but behind their eyebrows, there's not much grey matter being engaged. You're not going to be discussing Sartre or Proust, politics or much more than "I sure do like this rice....yes, this sticky rice is very sticky...when we go Bangkok, I need money mobile, I buy new clothes"

• 2 weeks later...
If you want to talk about barboys there are other forums you can go to which will allow it. TV are rather shortsighted IMO in stopping this topic. TIT

Well I'm sure It'll be no loss to TV if you go to those "other forums" and post to your hearts content... :o

Edited by Totster

You're not going to be discussing Sartre or Proust, politics or much more than "I sure do like this rice....yes, this sticky rice is very sticky...when we go Bangkok, I need money mobile, I buy new clothes"

I'll discuss Sartre with you Peaceblondie.

Don't you agree that life is fundamentally absurd?