Trial Bikes/Mx Bikes

Lickey

Seems to be a lot of new trial bikes on the road here in Namsom, many with no lights, indicators, and very noisy, and absolutely no provision to fit a rear number plate,

So when people buy these bikes, can they declare that they are for off-road use only, thus not paying taxes on them?

Thanks, Lickey..

Every bike needs a plate and registration to be driven on a Thai road. They are being driven illegally.

Its exactly as i thought, i did see a new trail bike with a plate and lights today, yam dt125, my BILs 23 yo 2 stroke Suzi has never had plates, mrs 3 yo Wave never had plates till i fitted them, she never had a licence for 30 years, although she drove cars,bikes and trucks, she has now,,

I would say that only 50% of the bikes here have back and front lights,perhaps 10% wear a helmet, [coconut case] The local cops do nothing, just sit in there little office by the Temple in the lake, reading papers or playing cards,

or WC football, if there is a fatality, 1 will go and take pics, put them on the notice board, saying they died because of no helmet or something, not that its there fault for not enforcing the law!

It seems like nobody bothers about the law out here in the sticks, just a free for all,,

Every bike needs a plate and registration to be driven on a Thai road. They are being driven illegally.

I should add one caveat. In Bangkok the temporary red plates are no longer issued on new motorbikes and the cops aren't enforcing it even though the law is still in effect. Here in Phuket and other places I have heard about, no plate = ticket, even if you have all the documents showing you bought the bike brand new 20 minutes before.

I should add one caveat. In Bangkok the temporary red plates are no longer issued on new motorbikes and the cops aren't enforcing it even though the law is still in effect. Here in Phuket and other places I have heard about, no plate = ticket, even if you have all the documents showing you bought the bike brand new 20 minutes before.

Different province different laws i suppose, youd probaly get fined here for wearing a helmet?

There is a shop here that takes the stuffing out of seats so 7 year olds can reach the ground, and the up to 16 yo school is jam-packed with bikes,

De-fault on 1 re-payment and the shop will take off all the front brake components, MC, hyd pipe,caliper and disc, and so on, anybody else seen this?

Different province different laws i suppose, ....

The same laws apply to all of Thailand, they are just enforced differently or not at all.