Films Which Left Your Heart Broken

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a film but a series which I first saw on VHS about 3 years ago... Band of brothers, I think in total it was 12 hours long and I watched in all in 2 days. I'm not sure if any of yous have seen it, but I would recommend it to anyone, an absolute must

Sophie's Choice - Holocoust tragedy from the other side. I cry like a baby at the very end when Stingo stands at the bed and reads the Emily Dickenson words ... "Ample make this bed, excellent and fair ...."

Pay It Forward - Sad for all mankind. The Messiah like character appears with a golden idea and is killed by those who cannot understand.

Splendor In The Grass - Innocent, youthful, lustful but true love; shattered by parental ambition and ignorance. Puts a lump in my throat and a pain in my stomach everytime I think about this story. Warren Beatty and Natalie Wood.

Edited by paulfr

The English Patient

made me wanna trip to Tunesia!

Schindler's List

i remembered i went alone to watch this movie at mbk after school when i was at M4

actually i could resist my tears almost til the end of the film

then the GUY who sat next to me just started sobbing

so i thought to myself... why heck i had to keep my tears!

Before Sunrise and Before Sunset is the movie that stopped my heart.

Edited by Girlfrombar

Not a film but a series which I first saw on VHS about 3 years ago...  Band of brothers, I think in total it was 12 hours long and I watched in all in 2 days.  I'm not sure if any of yous have seen it, but I would recommend it to anyone, an absolute must

Yeah, i loved that series! Definitely worth to watch..

Ok tell me why:

My wife, (Thai), wept at the end of Hamlet, the fairly recent film version with Kenneth Brannagh (think that’s how you spell it).

I, like a lot of people, find it hard to keep up with the dialogue in old Billy’s plays so you can imagine what it’s like for a Thai lady whose English is not what you would can fluent.

There have been a lot of Shakey’s plays turned into films, some set in a modern day setting, like Romeo and Juliet, and A midsummer’s nights dream and she loves them all. She thought Othello was brilliant, (because of the jealously and betrayal I think, and she thinks big Fishboure is a Sexy Man). She is glued to the screen when I buy and play one of these films.

She loves period type films, (Victorian type settings etc), and she broke her heart at the end of Vincent (Kirk Douglas Movie about Van Gough).

I’m just surprised that she digs these kinds of movies, being and Isan girl, who has never been to Europe or read anything about it’s history.

:o