Is It Thai Food Or Something Else ?

The Nemi

Hey,

Didnt know where to put this topic and thought this is the best place :D

Anyways i have started to think that its the thai food that keeps thai people (especially girls :o) so slim and trim. Or do they really workout dialy (i dont think so).

Like everywhere you go these people are in shape....i have seen very few overweight thai people.

According to you whats the reason ?????

Is it in theie GENES or something ??

And if its the food please lemme know the dishes and their recipies :D need to shed some flab :D

sawasdee ka khun Nemi

u said"thai food that keeps thai people (especially girls ) so slim and trim. Or do they really workout dialy (i dont think so)"

well in Thai (asian) we dont eat much in rich, creamy food coz we live in hotty climate..(no need to warm up our bodies by eat fatty thing and burn engergy)

so, what we eat, it has low calories than farang food na ka (obviously u guys live in cold place, u need more energy to burn , make it warm)

about work out , in TH some do, some don't

IMHO , i dont think it depends on chromosome ,gene..but its up to weather ka

Bambi :o

Edited by BambinA

Hey,

Anyways i have started to think that its the thai food that keeps thai people (especially girls :o) so slim and trim. Or do they really workout dialy (i dont think so).

Like everywhere you go these people are in shape....i have seen very few overweight thai people.

According to you whats the reason ?????

Is it in theie GENES or something ??

Furthermore ..in Thai we have silly trend of fashion na ka..."too skinny = too cool" well girls here try to diet and make themself too slim ka

Bambi

Just some observations here :

Thai food is rarely processed and typically cooked from fresh - good

Portions are small - good

Not alot of fat in it - good

I think it is common for thai people to eat till they feel they have had enough, then leave what they dont need to eat (im laaw) - good

Thai's may only have 1 or 2 meals a day, as when it is warm you feel hungary less - good

Dont eat alot of red meats and may not eat meat at all - good

Dont drink alot of alchohol (girls more so - as in most parts of the world) - good

From my own experience of spending 6 months in Thailand over the past 3 years I have lost 2 stone (dont know kilos) and I ate 2 good meals a day and had alot of alchhol (too much really). The biggest change in weight was before going to thailand and after returning to UK

I think that Thai people like to stay slim and will not succumb to the lovely food they have available as they are concerned and determined about there appearance and health more than some other countries.

Some of the sauces used in Thai food ( Kao Kah Moo, Pad Kapow Moo, Gaeng Gai Keow Wan, Tom Yam , Tom Ka etc ) have a lot of calories in then due to the coconut milk and various additives.

Saeb ilee though.

:o

Edited by chonabot

Thanx all you people....

So Bambi can you tell mesome of the most common dishes you eat ??

Wud be really helpful. :D

haha..are you serious?

well i try to keep my body slim maybe (169 cm 54kg)..i was 51kg be4..i want to lost some kgs

for now , i just eat 1 meal per day ( sound silly i know) and i dont work out..im a lazy cow :o

and..common dishes emm..maybe

fried rice = khao phad

rice+curry = khao rad kaeng (whatever curry)

etc.

well,basically im easy eating..i allow myself to have a big nice meal every Sunday ka maybe big pizza , or go to italian ,Mex .etc restuarant

Bambi :D

Edited by BambinA

I think Khun Bob has it right. It's the style of eating. You just pick and choose what you want until you feel full or don't want anymore. There's no "clean your plate" syndrome like we have in the West where you feel obligated to eat everything served. And, people tend to have little bits of food throughout the day so they don't feel starved when they sit down to a meal and consequently don't overeat.

I think Khun Bob has it right. It's the style of eating. You just pick and choose what you want until you feel full or don't want anymore. There's no "clean your plate" syndrome like we have in the West where you feel obligated to eat everything served. And, people tend to have little bits of food throughout the day so they don't feel starved when they sit down to a meal and consequently don't overeat.

maybe you guys right ka..

when go out with farang..i noticed that they order as "full course"

as soup ,appettizer,main course,dessert .. quite a huge meal

Bambi :o

Thanx all you people....

So Bambi can you tell mesome of the most common dishes you eat ??

Wud be really helpful. :D

haha..are you serious?

well i try to keep my body slim maybe (169 cm 54kg)..i was 51kg be4..i want to lost some kgs

for now , i just eat 1 meal per day ( sound silly i know) and i dont work out..im a lazy cow :o

and..common dishes emm..maybe

fried rice = khao phad

rice+curry = khao rad kaeng (whatever curry)

etc.

well,basically im easy eating..i allow myself to have a big nice meal every Sunday ka maybe big pizza , or go to italian ,Mex .etc restuarant

Bambi :D

:D Bambi only 1 meal............... :D

Well a thai friend of mine suggested me pappaya salad, curries with no coconut cream and dishes with more spices (just to burn extra calories even while munching :D)

All this gonna be on mah table from the next meal i take :D

My wife always used to use fitne(spelling) some type of mild laxative tea, always before she went to bed then would be up all night on the toilet :o

I got fed up of being woken up all night long so i asked her to stop and told her she wasnt fat anyway at only 50kg. She did stop taken this tea but then moaned non stop about being fat :D

My wife always used to use fitne(spelling) some type of mild laxative tea, always before she went to bed then would be up all night on the toilet :D

I got fed up of being woken up all night long so i asked her to stop and told her she wasnt fat anyway at only 50kg. She did stop taken this tea but then moaned non stop about being fat :D

My wife uses Sareela... she says she has to use it or cannot "go" in the morning.. :D

She definately isn't up all night though.. :o

totster :D

Can some one please explain to me why since becoming vegetarian 4 years ago my weight has steadily increased from 10 St (63.6 Kg) to now 11.5 St (73.2 Kg)

Same work etc, maybe just old age :D

Even in the heat of Thailand weight stays the same :D

But I think I eat more :o

Regards

Ivan

Thai food is basically a very healthy diet to follow. Like many diets that actually work it allows most things in moderation. A lack of processed food helps too. There isn't too much starchy veg and almost grains. Believe it or not coconut milk isn't so fattening - in moderation of course - it's much easier on the digestive tract than coow's milk.

Things like chilli also help too - chillis actually burn calories. There is good food combination with Thai food. Combining certain food groups is bad for your digestive system. You might hear some people say that the high sugar content of certain fruits can be fattening - only is they are eaten within half an hour of any other food.

Another thing is that Thais don't drown their food with liquids, unlike most westerners who need a glass of something to wash their dinner down. Water dilutes digestive juices - making digestion less effective.

If you ever see the book "You are what you eat" by DR Gillian McKeith you'll be able to see a lot of the concepts in it are applicable to Thai food.

• 2 weeks later...