Where To Buy A Digita Camera

goforit

I finally decided to break down and get a digital camera and the two models I'm looking at are the Canon A3100 and the Panasonic Lumix DMC - FH20. I was able to find the Canon A3100 in Tesco for 5990 baht but not the Panasonic Lumix FH20. Only other store I looked so far is Makro.

Anyway, be grateful for any suggestions both where to shop and also what brand/models might also be recommended with a price range of 5000 to 7000 baht.

Everything imported, that is technical and electronic, in Thailand is more expensive than elsewhere. If at all possible have somebody bring it in for you or wait until you can travel outside Thailand. Cameras are being up graded yearly and what is bought today is out of date a year later.

I once heard a story (from somebody in a pub @1am, not always reliable info) that he wanted a camera. And found out it was 8000 baht cheaper in KL, Malaysia. Return ticket with Airasia 4000 baht ofzo. A nice saving, a day well spend.

Electronics in Thailand is dramatic at the moment. Only + is the cheap stuff from China/Korea that is not available in Europe/USA. But the decent brands, no matter if it's a camera or what. It;s not available or expensive. This week tried to find a Media Player in Chiang Mai. Been everywhere, nobody has it, or even knows what it is. Heard some shops in BKK sell them at 25% more then European price.

For Panasonic cams, try Saha Panich electronics, beside the Toyota dealer, on the right about 800 m past the super on Chotana heading East towards city hall. Always ask for their promotion, even if there is no promotion advertised(I do this everywhere, and am often offered a discount. No shirts or jackets as the sales staff have already acquired those.).

Big Camera (branches at both malls and most major supermarkets) sells Panasonic. Didn't checkout the particular model you mentioned though but a place to start. Don't expect the staff to have any useful product knowledge, however.