Sending Money From Thai Bank

Hi all,

I'll be leaving the LOS soon. I have a job here which will be paying my salary for two months after leaving. So when I arrive in Australia is there by anyway I can be sure to access my money, or will I have to return to Thailand (or get someone else) to get the money out?

I'm kind of assuming I can either use internet banking to transfer the money, or set the account for an automatic transfer. Are there any issues with doing this?

The other option is to take the card overseas and use it in an ATM. It's a TMB card - can this be done also?

Thanks for any help,

M.

TMB card works in almost all ATM machines throughout the world. Look for ATM machines marked "PLUS" or VISA. I have accsessed cash in many countries. You are limited to I believe equivelant of 20,000 baht per day.

As you are due the salary after you leave, I'd second the suggestion of using your Thai VISA card while you are back home. It's easy to do a SWIFT transfer from any Thai bank in person, but I'm unsure about a post-dated one, never tried, don't know.

The only other option, if you bank with Bangkok Bank, is to set up an International Fund Transfer service on your online account. You'll just need a letter from your employer stating your salary, say you want to repatriate income, and give them the details of your Oz bank (of whichever bank you want to send money to) - it's worth doing if you are returning to Thailand.

With this service you can arrange basically a SWIFT transfer to your nominated account from anywhere you are in the world with an internet connection.

EDIT; sorry I just edited this, I saw you bank with TMB, yes you can use the VISA card overseas, TMB offer international money transfer services (SWIFT) but not the same as Bangkok Bank where, once set up, you can do completely online.

Edited by aussiebebe

hey there, thanks for those replies.

i started the application process yesterday for the tmb internet banking. they're going to send the paper work off on monday :)

as for international transfers they said it wasn't possible. so your posts have given me an idea...

i'll apply for the bangkok bank internet banking and register for international transfers. then i can transfer from the tmb to bkk bank, and when i'm back in oz (and the exchange rates are favourable), i can transfer to my oz bank account. i'll try it first with a few thousand baht first while i'm still in thailand of course.

sweet.

and if that fails, i can always use the bank card (at a cost of 75 baht per transaction) B)