The Cost Of A Well.

Are you talking about a "well" or a "bore hole" A well is usually dug and not particualy deep, used where the water table is close to the surface. A bore is drilled about 6 inches dia with a sumersible pump, used where the water table is deep.

A well is cheaper than a bore whichever you go for make sure that you do it in the dry season, if you get one dug/drilled now you might find that it dry's up in the hot season.

I paid about 80,000 bhat for mine but thats going down 50-60 meters and includes the pump and fitting fitting. A well is cheaper

I think it is going to be dug or drilled within the next month, waiting for the dry season is not really an option, I see your point though, I may well go for the Bore Hole, make it deep enough to get good water and I doubt we would run dry if deep enough.

Good point about dry season, I bet many come unstuck digging a well in the rainy season that dries up in the dry season :o

I think it is going to be dug or drilled within the next month, waiting for the dry season is not really an option, I see your point though, I may well go for the Bore Hole, make it deep enough to get good water and I doubt we would run dry if deep enough.

Good point about dry season, I bet many come unstuck digging a well in the rainy season that dries up in the dry season  :o

Yes Bilko, the water table varies quite a lot ,the water table at the moment at our village house is only 1.5 m but during the dry its about 10 m, the water quality doesnt seem to vary whatever depth it is, its still undrinkable and hard as ######

If you live in Isaan you can not assume that by going deeper you will get better water. Much of Isaan is sitting over a vast aquifer of salty water....this is a major problem in the area. In some places (so I've heard but I have not direct experience with this since I live in the north) you will get good water first and then if you go deeper you will break into a layer of salt water...ooooops. Also the quality and depth of water can vary considerably if you move from place to place. The best bet is to check out all of the wells closest to where you want to make yours. Also the local well drillers will likely know lots about what to expect at your location. Where I live the well driller knows that good water will be found in a white sand (quartz sand) layer which will be anywhere from about 7 to 10 meters. So here you can make a well at any time of the year if you make sure the water is coming from that layer.....on the other hand people still tend to drill wells in the dry season here. Your local well drillers will likely know similar stuff about your location.

Yea, I think I will have to rely on the knowledge of the Local guys, after all, they do it for a living, maybe they can guarantee I will have a steady supply of water form the depth they go down to.

Money is not an issue really, having water in the future is.

Thanks for the comments lads, gives me food for thought. :o

My bore hole cost 15,000b and was 27 meters deep.Pump and pipe fitted at cost about 8,000b this was a surface deep bore pump that is automatic (starts pumping as soon as the pressure in the small tank drops : tap turned on)Try to get a warranty say for 2-3 years that the well won't go dry.I needed mine!It makes a real mess so be prepared!

Mine is 14 m deep and cost me 20K incl Italien pump. The water is very good indeed,nam kin. The pump start by a timer and in to my big tank 12000 liter.The Mitzu pump 200w supply my 7 bungalows 24/7. We use app 1500 lit./day.

Mine is 14 m deep and cost me 20K incl Italien pump. The water is very good indeed,nam kin. The pump start by a timer and in to my big tank 12000 liter.The Mitzu pump 200w supply my 7 bungalows 24/7. We use app 1500 lit./day.

Sounds good Alexx,

Have you had water all the time, even during the dry spell?

Chownah is right you do really have to get in touch with local drillers/diggers, just by going deeper does not nesseseraly mean you will get cleaner water, ask around neibours, see what they have and the water quality. I think submersible pumps are more expensive than the above ground ones. Mine is 2 hp we use about 4-5000 liters a day into a 16,000 liter tank. Its then gravity feed to the house and shop, the water quality is very good (drinkable). The depth and quality of wather just depends on where you are.

Do not relie on the "experience" of the driller.

Get in a proper water diviner to find the best position and depth on your piece of land. Anything else is just guessing.

I have used diviners twice. They are worth ten times their fee .

Also the experience is unforgetable. I got him to do it with the pair of us sharing the divining rod.