Movies, Music, Books, Deep Introspection

chownah

Look at the topics in this forum. They are all about movies, music, books, and such deeply introspective things like what is your favorite smiley. Is this what Hong Khlaay Khriat means in Thai? I thought it had something to do with blowing off steam or releasing tension or something visceral.

Look at the topics in this forum.  They are all about movies, music, books, and such deeply introspective things like what is your favorite smiley.  Is this what Hong Khlaay Khriat means in Thai?  I thought it had something to do with blowing off steam or releasing tension or something visceral.

You're right ชาวนา hong khlaay khriat does mean the room to release stress, tension, but isn't that what happens on the general forum and farang affairs forum? People moaning about Thais asking them the same questions, complaining about 2 faced greedy bargirls, whining about low salaries for teachers, expressing disgust at the moronic, ignorant Brits in Pattaya and Koh Samui, expressing disquiet at grasping tuktuk drivers, etc.

I, myself, am deeply disappointed to see the moderators have failed to take on board my suggestion for a poetry subforum with monthly prizes of a TV Tshirt offered for the best poem based on a monthly theme chosen by the moderators.

In addition there could be a competition for the best and worst pun in relation to some current topic from the news, any other ideas?

Look at the topics in this forum.  They are all about movies, music, books, and such deeply introspective things like what is your favorite smiley.  Is this what Hong Khlaay Khriat means in Thai?  I thought it had something to do with blowing off steam or releasing tension or something visceral.

But isn't it rather comforting to realise that Expats on Thaivisa blow off steam and release tensions by dicussing "music, books, and such deeply introspective things like what is your favorite smiley"?

Leaving the visceral back in the dictionary with all the other big bad words (and the smaller ones).

But isn't it rather comforting to realise that Expats on Thaivisa blow off steam and release tensions by dicussing "music, books, and such deeply introspective things like what is your favorite smiley"?

Leaving the visceral back in the dictionary with all the other big bad words (and the smaller ones).

And when the occasional political item is raised you'd think they'd had their intelligence insulted! :o

I think this is the only area in TV which brings the "you" out of you than taking the "####" out of you discussing problems of bg's, govt, tg laws... its all waste of time.. those things will never change atleast for another 50 years... so why not we blow the steam out of us by discussing some common interesting factors...