Good Orthopaedic Surgeon In Chiang Mai.

ishmael

Dear Sirs,

I'm seeking a good orthopaedic surgeon in Chiang Mai for an operation on the neck vertebrae. I'd prefer Sripat hospital.

I'd be grateful for any recommendations. Thank you for reading this.

Yours faithfully,

ishmael.

Fishenough, where did you have your fusions done, were the results good? :)

Western Canada. The results were so good they even wanted to another on me! That was only the result of a disc that wasn't damaged enough to covered under the insurance system, whilst they were in there chopping away adjacent once, less than a year later they decide the other disc was damaged enough so they'd get paid to cut it out.

The results certainly reduced the pain and improved failing nerves to my arms, healing from the surgery was surprisingly quick.

Fishenough, where did you have your fusions done, were the results good? :)

Western Canada. The results were so good they even wanted to another on me! That was only the result of a disc that wasn't damaged enough to covered under the insurance system, whilst they were in there chopping away adjacent once, less than a year later they decide the other disc was damaged enough so they'd get paid to cut it out.

The results certainly reduced the pain and improved failing nerves to my arms, healing from the surgery was surprisingly quick.

Did you have cervical radiculopathy, weakness in upper arm and tingling in hands?

Really pleased to hear that whatever you had - you are doing well.

What was post-op like, were you in any kind of head brace - or collar. How long did healing take?

Did you have cervical radiculopathy, weakness in upper arm and tingling in hands?

Really pleased to hear that whatever you had - you are doing well.

What was post-op like, were you in any kind of head brace - or collar. How long did healing take?

Yes but to a large degree and more so in the lower arms, it's scary how with a bad impingement the muscles on the arm can waste away. My surgery was an emergency as it was getting bad, and I'm left with 50% or greater nerve damage to both arms. Before the surgery I could barely hold a pen with my thumb, and strength came back to my thumbs immediately on waking from the procedure.

Our neurosurgeon was considered the top guy in our area and preforms only cervical fusion surgery; we were his first husband and wife fusions. Her results were fantastic, here injury was limited to one disc and has no ongoing issues with her neck.

The surgery gives you the sorest throat going but it goes away fast. That first two weeks were, of the six weeks were the hard collar stays on, the toughest do to the collar having to stay on at all times. Sleep with it is a PITA, but preinjury my neck wasn't letting me sleep anyways. Toughest thing for me was not being able to lift anything, nothing heavier than a soup can for the first two weeks and nothing over 40lbs for the next 4 months. You easily walk out of the hospital afterwards, and my comfort level during recovery (not counting the hated collar) was better than the ACL tendon reattachment I'd had done years early. All that being said, it is a surgery you only consider if alsolutely necessary. When I could burn my hand and only symptom that was happening was the smell of burnt flesh; it was time.

Edited by Fishenough