Currency Exchange Question

for Bangkok; check out Super Rich exchange (google super rich thailand/exchange and you will get various locations). the latest rate was @32.4 for $100 notes. under their site

you will be able to monitor their rates daily.

Also, there is another exchange dealer; VASU Money exchange @ Sukhumvit Soi 7/1, very near Nana BTS station. (tel: 02-253-1706-7); VASU is also competitive on rates.

Hi,

I am bringing $7,000 U.S. cash with me to Thailand in August.

Will I get a better exchange rate at Suvarnabhumi airport or should I just

deposit the $7,000 U.S cash into my Bangkok bank checkingaccount?

Thank you

Joe

Never, ever exchange money at ANY airport. The rate is always diabolical. I always used to make sure I had enough money to get out of the airport.Remember, all foreign exchange is done through Bangkok bank. They are the ONLY Correspondent bank in Thailand. So, they set the exchange rate.Good luck.

Hi,

Thank you

Joe

Never, ever exchange money at ANY airport. The rate is always diabolical. I always used to make sure I had enough money to get out of the airport.Remember, all foreign exchange is done through Bangkok bank. They are the ONLY Correspondent bank in Thailand. So, they set the exchange rate.Good luck.

The exchange rate is set by the markets. From the Forex input the banks create their own bid and ask respectively buy and sell.

Never heard that all foreign exchange is done through Bangkok Bank. They have no influence on another parties rates as the following overview shows:

Bangkok Bank offers

for 1US$ 31,97

while super rich offers

for 1 US$ 32,33 baht

more worse in other currencies like the euro: bangkok bank 39,50 while superrich offers 39,95.

Also the other banks dont ever follow Bangkok Bank as everybody can see on different rates on their websites...

Hi,

Thank you

Joe

For the best exchange rate it would be better for you to wire the 7k to your Bangkok Bank account from the US as the TT rate is the best you'll get

Hi,

Thank you

Joe

For the best exchange rate it would be better for you to wire the 7k to your Bangkok Bank account from the US as the TT rate is the best you'll get

This is not true.

Bangkok Bank TT rate is 32,22

Superrich Rate is as of now, 10:26 am 32,35

so with ur advice he will loose 7000 times 13 satang which accumulates to an loss over all 910 baht.

Not to much, but the advice is wrong!

Hi,

Thank you

Joe

This is not true.

Bangkok Bank TT rate is 32,22

Superrich Rate is as of now, 10:26 am 32,35

so with ur advice he will loose 7000 times 13 satang which accumulates to an loss over all 910 baht.

Not to much, but the advice is wrong!

We on Thai Visa have been working on this, on the pinned thread above. Actually your advice is not that comprehensive either.

From a UK perspective (and we have only just worked this out) you can connect the London correspondent Branch of Bangkok Bank to your local Bangkok Bank branch using the simple local UK bill payment (BACS which is free, if slow) system (the same seems to be true for the guys in the US with their own systems). The charges actually are 20 GB for the transfer from the UK end, 500 THB from the Thai end and you get the TT rate.

I note that you do not mention charges at all, which will at a minimum include a SWIFT transfer fee. Whilst I can look up the web site you recommend for such a transfer - where are the figures - this has been fully explored on the pinned thread from a Bangkok Bank perspective.