Ax Murder Ends World Cup Dispute In Thailand

webfact

RIP but ironically if either of the two were shown a globe of the world and asked "Where is Brazil?":whistling: threre is a huge chance neither would have had a clue very sad!

In fact try it with a world map just ask where Thailand is? Alot more than half don't know. :unsure:

<BR>People seem to attach loss of face to anything...<BR>Just being contradicted over the strength of your preferred footie team,<BR>is enough to make you get an ax and kill your host... Madness!<BR><BR>Oh wait ; <BR>If loss of face is enough reason to bring down the country around you,<BR>why should losing a football match badly not seem a valid reason to kill?<BR><BR>Bottled up emotions; ready to pop when enough pressure is applied... just ducky.<BR><BR>They really need to much better teach how face matters <BR>and when it shouldn't matter, in the schools and Wats here,<BR>because people still don't seem to instinctively understand it's limitations...<BR>
<BR><BR>I have lived in Thailand for quit some time now and it seems to me that this "loss of face" mentality<BR>is just an excuse for violence<BR>

<BR>People seem to attach loss of face to anything...<BR>Just being contradicted over the strength of your preferred footie team,<BR>is enough to make you get an ax and kill your host... Madness!<BR><BR>Oh wait ; <BR>If loss of face is enough reason to bring down the country around you,<BR>why should losing a football match badly not seem a valid reason to kill?<BR><BR>Bottled up emotions; ready to pop when enough pressure is applied... just ducky.<BR><BR>They really need to much better teach how face matters <BR>and when it shouldn't matter, in the schools and Wats here,<BR>because people still don't seem to instinctively understand it's limitations...<BR>
<BR><BR>I have lived in Thailand for quit some time now and it seems to me that this "loss of face" mentality<BR>is just an excuse for violence<BR>

Something's wrong with your format.

Something's also wrong with your contents: Loss of face is not an excuse for violence. You seem to be a newcomer to Thailand. I thought the same in my first year here, I was the same at that stage, thinking that I really know the Thais. Let's talk again in 10 years.

Surely the point here is not the relative merits of different games. Rather the childish macho posturing of many males in these situations. Not surprising to see an outcome like this in Thailand with their "loss of face" bullshit. But an outcome similar to this more likely with a gun or knife could also happen anywhere else. Overgrown children anywhere should carry a health warning. :huh:

Surely the point here is not the relative merits of different games. Rather the childish macho posturing of many males in these situations. Not surprising to see an outcome like this in Thailand with their "loss of face" bullshit. But an outcome similar to this more likely with a gun or knife could also happen anywhere else. Overgrown children anywhere should carry a health warning. :huh:

I agree with salty. The game has little to do with it. There have probably been more killings over card games than any sporting event.