Burgers

N47HAN

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ever since dons closed, i have been lost as where to get a god burger....I had an awesome burger at Nikita;s bar the other day, a bit stingy on the french fries, but it was a good burger!

Don's had a good burger, especially for the price, with fries. Wasn't it 85 Baht? It's going to be my first Thanksgiving and Christmas here without him around too. I doubt anyone is going to have the same spread of food for 400 Baht.

I'd say that Nikitas's burger was the best I have tasted all around Rawai. Mando used to do a good one but not anymore. Super Burger was decent but last time I went there the kitchen was filthy.

BTW I'm french and we almost never say "Pommes Frites", just "Frites". "Pommes frites" is only used in some restaurant menus and obviously it reffers to french fries, not fried apples.

oh god no, dont disagree with the english speaking know-it alls. dont start it over again, obviously they know more about the french language than people who speak it on a daily basis :angry::angry:

Edited by ilyelol

oh god no, dont disagree with the english speaking know-it alls. dont start it over again, obviously they know more about the french language than people who speak it on a daily basis :angry::angry:

Thought this thread was about the best burger but as usual it has decended into insults.

That's the way TV goes...

But has anyone else tried the burger at Coconut Paradise at the end of Rawai Beach?

It's the best burger I've found - it must be 'home-cooked' it tastes so good! Bonus, as I've said before, if you're a Brit - you'll love the chips too.

Family restaurant next to Tesco chalong do a good burger

the sports bar at Royal Phuket Marina also do a good burger

>>so where to get a proper burger in the in the chalong/kata/rawai area these days?!

Superburger, next to cheers bar, was originally really good when they opened up, but has gone the way of Steveos.

Edited by pest

Had my best burger in 16 years at Rick n Rolls in Kata last night. It was very juicy topped with real cheese. I highly recommend them.

Agreed. Charlie, a chef from Hawaii, is Ricky's new partner. I can't pass that place without popping in sampling whatever it is he has on the grill.

Had my best burger in 16 years at Rick n Rolls in Kata last night. It was very juicy topped with real cheese. I highly recommend them.

Agreed. Charlie, a chef from Hawaii, is Ricky's new partner. I can't pass that place without popping in sampling whatever it is he has on the grill.

Where in Kata is this Rick and Rolls?

I think ScubaBuddha has a map of where it is he could post. I remember him posting it in another thread...

I think ScubaBuddha has a map of where it is he could post. I remember him posting it in another thread...

Yeah..sorry about that. Here it is.

Web_RickyZen_Map.jpg

His sign blew down in a storm so it's easy to miss. He should be getting a new one any day. Basically half way down what they are calling Kata New Road. It's a shop-house between Club Med and The Beach Center, opposite Dome Bungalows, next to The Pit Stop. Look for all the potted plants and a large gas grill at the sidewalk, and Ricky playing his guitar in the evenings.

After reading the Burger article in the Gazzete i found Skippers RPYC and Wine Connection at chalong to be the best

research ongoing

Don't forhet to include Surf n Turf in your research as I have found this to be the best so far.

Where is Surf n Turf mate?

The best cheeseburger I've found is from Coconut Paradise at the end of Rawai Beach. Its only a small place, but the burgers and chips are WONDERFUL!

Their fish and chips? Fish too strong tasting for my taste, but again - the chips make up for it!

The fish and chips at Nikita's? The fish is great (for the Western taste), but the chips were awful. Their burgers are good, but not as good as Coconut Paradise

Mind you (I hope the owner is reading this), the last 2 times I went there, the chips were a touch under-cooked.

Incidentally, if you go there and think the food is as good as I do, ask for a loyalty card. It was about the 5th time I went there that I met the owner (nice guy) and he recognised me from previous visits. We got chatting and he asked whether I had a loyalty card. It hadn't been offered me by the staff, so I was v happy to hear about it as it gives a 10% discount on food!

And apologies to those that think Thai food here is the best in the world. I envy you - personally I CRAVE Western food occasionally. Everyone to their own.

I Like Coconut Paradise as well great place to sit and watch the world go by....BUT THE BURGER THERE IS TERRIBLE.......

as well as the HOT DOG awful....so i just go there to drink and relax and have a good time.......and the staf there is fantastic too... :rolleyes:

The best cheeseburger I've found is from Coconut Paradise at the end of Rawai Beach. Its only a small place, but the burgers and chips are WONDERFUL!

Their fish and chips? Fish too strong tasting for my taste, but again - the chips make up for it!

The fish and chips at Nikita's? The fish is great (for the Western taste), but the chips were awful. Their burgers are good, but not as good as Coconut Paradise

Mind you (I hope the owner is reading this), the last 2 times I went there, the chips were a touch under-cooked.

Incidentally, if you go there and think the food is as good as I do, ask for a loyalty card. It was about the 5th time I went there that I met the owner (nice guy) and he recognised me from previous visits. We got chatting and he asked whether I had a loyalty card. It hadn't been offered me by the staff, so I was v happy to hear about it as it gives a 10% discount on food!

And apologies to those that think Thai food here is the best in the world. I envy you - personally I CRAVE Western food occasionally. Everyone to their own.

I Like Coconut Paradise as well great place to sit and watch the world go by....BUT THE BURGER THERE IS TERRIBLE.......

as well as the HOT DOG awful....so i just go there to drink and relax and have a good time.......and the staf there is fantastic too... :rolleyes:

Goes to show, one man's meat is another man's poison :lol:.

You may enjoy the burger from Surf n Turf then. It is big & tasty enough to be enjoyed on its own. 230 grams of beef cooked on a BBQ grill & they use proper lettuce, not the limp variety. Tried it for the 1st time yesterday & now consider this the best burger out of the ones I have tried on Phuket.

I'll go along with the Surf and Turf recommendation. I ate there last night and the burger was extremely good. Fresh, good bun, good rabbit food and a really meaty flavour.

It does not come with French fries, English chips or Belgian friet. If you want a portion of Surf and Turf fries you will get a helping of sauteed potatoes.

It's on Kata New Road opposite the Club Med,just further up from Solution Bar on the left.

PST.

Here again is a the map.

Web_RickyZen_Map.jpg

Ricky's is undergoing a bit of a face-lift, but they should still be open every afternoon, with the kitchen open 4pm to 11pm. He has added or is adding sports TV's, a music stage, and a bar in the covered outside section. He is going to also put a Wii on the stage for people to play when there is no live music. There is not so much the strobe/laser lights you see in the below video from last year, which is an improvement from IMO. I think this is going to be the new hip hangout in Kata, especially since Lek's (Dan Kwian No.3) is closing. The Flamingo Splash Lounge mentioned in the below video is no more.

Edited by ScubaBuddha

• 3 weeks later...

So the place with possibly the best burger in Phuket, Surf n Turf, has closed after only a brief stint. Hopefully they will continue to make them at Chillies. Very recently a well known writer of computer self help books & owner of several sandwich shops has stated he plans to do burgers. Wonder if they will be a separate entity or included in his shops? We await with bated breath.

It's on Kata New Road opposite the Club Med,just further up from Solution Bar on the left.

PST.

That road is becoming busier and busier,Jon at Solution bar at the club med end of the road is busy every night,nice bar with pool table,plasma tv's etc,and great music.

It's on the up around that way for sure.

PST.