Who Would You Like To See As Next England Manager?

davejonesbkk

Next England manager  

21 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Jesus......we need a miracle

Nah, He'd go missing at the end of the season and only show again at Easter.....................

He would make sure we could handle crosses !

The more I think about it, the more I come back to Stuart Pearce.

Most of the credentials are, he knows the up and coming players, he knows the FA and he has been part of the system.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Jesus......we need a miracle

Nah, He'd go missing at the end of the season and only show again at Easter.....................

He would make sure we could handle crosses !

The more I think about it, the more I come back to Stuart Pearce.

Most of the credentials are, he knows the up and coming players, he knows the FA and he has been part of the system.

Credentials?....knows the system?......Brooking/Beckham........same players though thankfully.

I can't see that passion has much to do with who is manager.

I would like to see someone who can educate the players on more technical aspects of the game.

It is clear England were technically flawed against Germany and that we had not broken down and studied their play. Where as it was also clear that they had studied England's weaknesses and found holes in our every play. The way they dragged Terry out of position etc...

If England are to succeed we need more time before the WC to gel as a team and we need a coach who can sit with the players days before an important match and go through tactics and counter-tactics and breakdown teams strengths and weaknesses.

It has become apparent that many of the England team were bored in the daytime - this is the time they could have been analyzing their opponents.

So for Manager - Someone who can research and read their opponents:

Manager - Hmmm.... Who'd want it at the moment ?. IF England want the world cup, part of the Footballing culture in the UK has to change.

I've gone for Stuart Pearce, he has a wealth of experience with the young players that we need to bring in asap.

Agree with you. Stuart Pearce should replace Capello.

The team needs young blood on the bench and players.

Harry Rednap

God forbid we have our hawwwwy.I couldnt cope with his impression of a nodding dog at the back of a car,and the more pressure he has the worse he gets.Lets go for a 4 years plan with pearce.

I've gone for Stuart Pearce, he has a wealth of experience with the young players that we need to bring in asap.

Agree with you. Stuart Pearce should replace Capello.

The team needs young blood on the bench and players.

Harry Rednap

God forbid we have our hawwwwy.I couldnt cope with his impression of a nodding dog at the back of a car,and the more pressure he has the worse he gets.Lets go for a 4 years plan with pearce.

Don't worry, its folly to think Rednapp will be offered the job even if it is up for grabs. He has way too many skeletons in the closet and is getting done for tax evasion.

Redknapp has already got the job :( Sandra that is, as Arii has said she can head the ball better than Bent and manage better than Capello:D .

Mods when are these emotions going to be sorted out:angry: :angry: :angry:

Edited by alfieconn

After reading that list, shouldnt it be which cockney!:huh:

Id go for Arry if he'd drop his nephew, but i doubt he'll get it as he's possibly a scamming fcuker and may have some dodgy days in court ahead.

possibly??? r u havin a larf??? possibly??

who is his nephew anyway??

ronnie biggs in 4 years time?? he would manage it all, redknapp ? sort yersel out mate

4 years from now he will still be a guest of H.M. HARRY CORBETT OR RONNIE CORBETT could even play

Fabio Capello was wheeling his shopping trolley across the supermarket car park when he noticed an old lady struggling with her bags of shopping.

He stopped and asked, "Can you manage?" - to which the old lady replied, "No way. you got yourself into this mess, don't ask me to sort it out..."

After reading that list, shouldnt it be which cockney!:huh:

Id go for Arry if he'd drop his nephew, but i doubt he'll get it as he's possibly a scamming fcuker and may have some dodgy days in court ahead.

who is his nephew anyway??

Frankie Lampard

I think Elton John could be a possibility. Didn't he once own a football club and he could probably teach them a thing or two about ball skills?

QPR ?

Watford ... FA cup finalists of 1984 when he was owner under the guidance of the then renowned manager Graham Traylor

Redknapp has already got the job :( Sandra that is, as Arii has said she can head the ball better than Bent and manage better than Capello:D .

Whats wrong?

Whats wrong?

:PI think he means the wrong emoticon appearing sometimes after the post...or it appearing at the front of the post.....like this.

Of course this doesn't happen if you click the cursor at the end of the sentence like so. :D

Never used to have to do this tho......:huh:

Well, Fabio is staying. I for one am quite happy about the decision.

Maybe he's also been handed the agenda for replacing the old guard. We are going to have to be prepared to accept a long period of transition. But lets face it, it can't be any worse than the current state of things. Of the 'senior" players i'd only keep Ashley Cole.

Maybe he's also been handed the agenda for replacing the old guard. We are going to have to be prepared to accept a long period of transition. But lets face it, it can't be any worse than the current state of things. Of the 'senior" players i'd only keep Ashley Cole.

I'm delighted with this decision.....over the moon really......Terry will be spitting out his cornflakes this morning as well so even better. :D

Long period of disappointment?.....oh ho carmine you mean failure yeah?......another 44 years worth with a bit of luck.....:lol:

I'm delighted with this decision.....over the moon really......Terry will be spitting out his cornflakes this morning as well so even better. :D

Long period of disappointment?.....oh ho carmine you mean failure yeah?......another 44 years worth with a bit of luck.....:lol:

Long period of transition. My main disappointment is that i really can't see those <deleted> at Soho Square getting there act together, identifying the root problem and restructuring the whole set up. They just seem to screw up serially.

GUUS HIDDINK............:rolleyes:

but the Turks were more clever and hired him for the national team after he left the Russian team, but maybe GBP 10M would do the job? :whistling:

LaoPo

Hiddinks no fool. He'd look at the depth of talent he'd have to work with and run like the wind :whistling:

:lol:

LaoPo

Wouldn't you...? for that kind of salary? :rolleyes:

But...I don't understand WHY you are happy.....care to explain?

LaoPo

Long period of transition. My main disappointment is that i really can't see those <deleted> at Soho Square getting there act together, identifying the root problem and restructuring the whole set up. They just seem to screw up serially.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1291591/GLENN-HODDLE-The-future-England-team-frightening-Our-game-needs-radical-changes.html

Glenn Hoddles seems to have a few good ideas here, they done a documentary about his training school and i take my hat off to the man for what he is doing .... but none of his ideas will happen though England is similar to Thailand with the jobs for the boys status quo .... I believe England spends more on Tennis training per person then any other and you can see how successful we are at that.

http://www.dailymail...al-changes.html

Glenn Hoddles seems to have a few good ideas here, they done a documentary about his training school and i take my hat off to the man for what he is doing .... but none of his ideas will happen though England is similar to Thailand with the jobs for the boys status quo .... I believe England spends more on Tennis training per person then any other and you can see how successful we are at that.

Glenn Hoddle - wasn't he the one who 'found God' ?

Even by his standards thatwould have been one heck of a pass :D

http://www.dailymail...al-changes.html

The future for the England team is frightening. Our game needs radical changes

(from your article).

It's correct what Hoddle says. Too many foreign players.

Johan Cruyff is pleading already for years to limit the number of foreign players PER club to a maximum of 5 (I believe; could be 6) and intensifying + reforming the football scholar system at the same time.

Isn't it completely silly that one looks at a certain club, whether in the UK or continent and notice so many foreign players ?

No wonder many countries aren't able to form a TEAM, built from local football players; mostly multi millionaires with super ego's.

On the other hand, even the German team has now many names from foreign countries....born or not in Germany:

Serdar Tasci, born from Turkish parents, born in Germany

Jerome Boateng, born from German mother and Ghananian father, born in Germany (his brother played for Ghana - different father though)

Dennis Aogo, born from German Mother and Nigerian father, born in Germany

Piotr Trochowski , from partly Polish/German parents, born in Poland

Marko Marin, born from Bosnia/Serbian parents, born in former Yugoslavia

Sami Khedira, born from German Mother, Tunisian father, born in Germany

Mesut Özil , born from Turkish parents, born in Germany

Mario Gómez , born from German mother and Spanish father, born in Germany

Miroslav Klose, born from Polish (former German, later Polish and later again German) parents, born in Poland

Lukas Podolski, born from Polish parents and born in Poland

Cacau or Claudemir Jeronimo Barretto, born from Brazilian parents and born in Brazil; got his German passport in 2009

Quite a multi cultural team.

It will be hard to determine where a player is from in our multicultural world nowadays.

LaoPo

But...I don't understand WHY you are happy.....care to explain?

LaoPo

We qualified for the World Cup easily and the next target is the European Cup. This all begins next month and to have a bit of consistency in the management is no bad thing. Personally I don't think the problem is with Capello but it's with the players. Just my opinion.

Re Capello and the future - If when we play Hungary in the friendly next month and Capello trots out the exact same team of Terry, Johnson, Lampard, Gerrad on the left wing with same formation of 4--4-2 what will everyone's reaction be? TBH I wouldnt be surprised at all, he seems very stubborn to me and can't see that changing, plus he now knows that the FA arent going to sack him and even if they do he will get a massive payout and then waltz off to some la liga club again so why should he care at all.....