Best Airline To Book An Outbound Ticket (Refundable)

Hi All,

I had a new member of staff start about 1 month ago from Russia, we have been working remotely with him for years but now he is here full time. He is now sorted with a non-b visa and work permit, and now wants his wife to come from Russia to join him.

Where they live is about 2 days travel from the Thai Consulate in Moscow, so she intends to come directly here on a one way ticket with no visa, and get a 30 day exemption at the airport.

I know from this forum that she will need an outbound ticket within 30 days to guarantee she will be able to board the plane in Russia, my question is who to book that with, and where to? Is there someone offering a full, or nearly full refund on cancelled tickets.

Moving forward she will need a visa, my first thought was TV from Vientienne, this should cover her for 1 year, although not ideal for longer term.

Then I thought maybe there is some type of dependent visa she can get, based on the fact her husband is living and working here - any ideas?

FYI her husband is on a permanent contract for us (Thai firm) earning 150k ++ p/m.

If the husband has a 12 month extension from Immigration she can get the same as his dependent.

If he has a Visa obtained from a Thai Consulate she would have to get a Visa in her own right.

Can she not obtain a Visa from Moscow by mail?

Thanks Lite Beer, I think trying to explain how to apply by post is probably a step too far!

He has a visa from a consulate right now, but we will apply for an extension in the next week or so, so hopefully she can then get an extension as a dependant. Does she need a non-immigrant visa to apply for this?

Also I note that Russians only get 15 days VOA, will she have problems trying to get a tourist visa from, say Vientianne, to tide her over whilst the longer term visa is sorted.

Finally anyone have any ideas on the best airline to book an onward short haul ticket with is? The one that will give the best refund on cancellation.

Thanks.