Some Help On Buying

Hi everyone.

Im married to a Thai, and if she cant get a visa for UK, im thinking about buying a house in LOS.

Could anyone with some good retail estate websites please post them, or point me in the right direction. Thanks!

Also to buy in LOS I know someone from outside the UK cant buy but my wife could. Can we get any kind of mortgage in Thailand? I know property is cheap and so it shouldnt take too long to pay off, but is this possible?

Also guys a house or condo under 1 mil is what Im looking for, any area really, if you know any sites that have for under 500,000 baht please say also.

Or guys if you have any tips you can give me, please do :o

Thanks!

Hi everyone.

Im married to a Thai, and if she cant get a visa for UK, im thinking about buying a house in LOS.

Could anyone with some good retail estate websites please post them, or point me in the right direction.  Thanks!

Also to buy in LOS I know someone from outside the UK cant buy but my wife could.  Can we get any kind of mortgage in Thailand?  I know property is cheap and so it shouldnt take too long to pay off, but is this possible?

Also guys a house or condo under 1 mil is what Im looking for, any area really, if you know any sites that have for under 500,000 baht please say also.

Or guys if you have any tips you can give me, please do :o

Thanks!

2 bedroom bungalows on the estate I live sell for 600,000 baht. 30 minutes from Pattaya. mortgage available, subject to status i.e. you or your wife must have a reasonable monthly income.

2 bedroom bungalows on the estate I live sell for 600,000 baht. 30 minutes from Pattaya. mortgage available, subject to status i.e. you or your wife must have a reasonable monthly income.

But you won't be telling where about they are ?

If you want to buy a condo and put it your name you will need to wire transfer the funds from outside of the country to a bank here. You should do is as lump sum. They will issue a form (which you will need to request) that states the money came from out of the country.

If you just show up at the bank with big wad of cash that brought into the country with you, thats not good enough to obtain the said document.

I heard a farang can get a mortgage on property here and I intend to. I have a car on credit so getting money loaned out for property should be possible too, especially if there is some collateral involved. I would imagine like everything else being a farang will require more paperwork but in the end getting a loan is a real possibility.

Sure. In Sattahip. Attach photo of my 3 bedroom, 1.4 million, but I bought 4 plots of land to go with it. Had 1 million baht mortgage.

post-16956-1119847097.jpg

If you have a work permit, and Immigrant "B" visa, do you still need funds from outside the country? :o

Sure. In Sattahip. Attach photo of my 3 bedroom, 1.4 million, but I bought 4 plots of land to go with it. Had 1 million baht mortgage.

If you have a work permit, and Immigrant "B" visa, do you still need funds from outside the country? :o

Yes.To buy a condo. Unless you have a special certificate of investment. If you simply have a job you need the money transfer.

Thanks for the replys guys.

Dragonman, those prices are awsome! What is the area like? Do you have a website or anything that I can look at.

Also what kind of mortgage could I get, so for how long to pay off, and how much?

I guess I would need the bungalow to be in my wifes name?

Cheers mate!

Thanks for the replys guys.

Dragonman, those prices are awsome!  What is the area like?  Do you have a website or anything that I can look at.

Also what kind of mortgage could I get, so for how long to pay off, and how much?

I guess I would need the bungalow to be in my wifes name?

Cheers mate!

Don't have web site, but do a search on Sattahip on the web. It's the main thai naval base. Not that many farangs, but that's why prices low. Lots of amenities, restaurants, department store, beach( see photo). Fairly large town. Not far from U-Tapao airport.

As I said you or your wife would need an income for mortgage. I have a pension and bank needed 3 months bank statements plus copy of pension statement. My house is in wife's name. Mortgage I would think impossible if you went down lease route.Offered mortgage of up to 25 years. 2500 baht a month on mortgage of 500,000 baht. Hope this helps.

post-16956-1119931259_thumb.jpg

Yeah I like the sounds of that too.

Im hoping to teach when I get out there, so that would be my income. I nice mortgage of 2500 would be nice also.

What kind of deposit is needed?

I like the photo also :o

[/quote

Bank gave me a 70% mortgage, but mainly because I bought an additional 4 plots of land.Probably get 80% on a 600,000 property. Lots of schools advertise for teachers in the area, Rayong 40 minutes drive.