Teaching Math And Physics

erikr_

After twelve years of private education in maths and physics and having a love for Thailand if possible I would like to teach those subjects there.

What are the possibilities, how to find a job, what is the pay etc? all questions that are in my mind

Erik

Have a look in the sticky thread at the top, I think this has been covered at least once.

:D:D:D:D:o:D

read all 147 posts, needed some coffe to fight the sleepy feelings :D

actually my response comes after the piece about thailand making it easier for science and math teachers to come to thailand

After 12 years of giving private lessons to rich brats in europe in those subjects I want something else :D

Well, most of what I know on the topic is in that thread up there...

If you really have some current active teacher's qualification in some country or another, Erikr, and are a native speaker of English or close enough that it doesn't matter, and your subject is science with all those years of experience, then I'd suggest you apply through the International School network to get the cream of the crop of jobs here... kinda surprising seeing you ask us lowlifes about it! :o

Sounds like you have excellent credentials and would be able to find one of the better teaching jobs(since there is not much competition on the technical,vs the Englsh, side of the house), but it also sounds like you don't want to teach technical subjects to "spoiled brats" . Maybe you should consider a different line of work or consider the 2nd tier schools which are newer, smaller, and have tuition rates that are 20-30% of the famous internationals(and student bodies that have a significant percentage of Thais and Indo-Thais).

I don't have your credentials but plan on getting them here in Bangkok, though I have the equivalent of a Masters degree in Engineering & Engineering Physics. I have been offered a reasonably good job teaching Science starting in August but had to turn it down because my nanny is unreliable (in fact she just quit - her husband is a Thai idiot who is abusing his Burmese wife, treating her like a slave) and although I located a new maid, she won't start till early August and I won't have confidence in her for at least a month of watching her in action.

If you want to check it out, send your resume(with digital photo if available), and cover letter to the international schools listed on the ISAT (International School Assocication of Thailand) web site, which is a pretty comprehensive list. You probably already know (sounds like you are not in country at this point) that the best salaries are obtained by being hired from outside of Thailand.

Also, its quite late in the year for the international schools to be hiring for the term beginning in August/September 2005.

I'm competing with you - though I'm in country, will work for less than you, and have a Thai family.

Good Luck.

:o