Accommodation Near Suvarnabhumi

Jason1968

Hello,

I am arriving at Suvarnabhumi airport late on 6th Aug 2010, and need to find a cheap guest house room for 2 people for 1 night. Anyone know somewhere very close by? I have to return to the airport the following morning.

Thanks

Might depend on how you would define "close" and "cheap". From TripAdvisor, seems like Sawanawan Palace is about 1,000 baht. If they say 20 minutes from the airport (their website) it's probably 25-30 minutes, which I would not call "close". I've never stayed here, but reviews sound fine. I've tried several places "near" the airport and the best I've found so far is the Gold Silver Garden, which is about 5-10 minutes from the aiport (they provide free pick-up/drop-off. They have a website and are also reviewed on TripAdvisor. Cost is about 800-1000 baht depending on how you book (via which agent).

Try Thong Ta Resort through Agoda. Close to the airport - fairly new and inexpensive. Convenience store nearby. Another hotel with no elevator. They have WiFi and a restaurant. It worked for me in March.

Silver Gold Garden Hotel is a 7-8 min drive from the airport. They have free pick up and drop off at the airport terminal included in the 900 baht charge for superior twin room, works out much cheaper than the Sanawan which is a long taxi ride from the terminal.

Only downer is hotel has no lift but its only 3 stories. Book on the website with your flight no. arrival details.

Edited by knocka

Might depend on how you would define "close" and "cheap". From TripAdvisor, seems like Sawanawan Palace is about 1,000 baht. If they say 20 minutes from the airport (their website) it's probably 25-30 minutes, which I would not call "close". I've never stayed here, but reviews sound fine. I've tried several places "near" the airport and the best I've found so far is the Gold Silver Garden, which is about 5-10 minutes from the aiport (they provide free pick-up/drop-off. They have a website and are also reviewed on TripAdvisor. Cost is about 800-1000 baht depending on how you book (via which agent).

Oops, I actually meant Silver Gold Garden, not Gold Silver Garden.

There are plenty of budget accommodation options to choose from. Some of them are Sananwan Palace, S.P. Power Lodge, Convenient Resort, Floral Shire Resort, Queen's Garden Resort and Grand Inn Come.

The closest one to the airport is Floral Shine Resort which is just 5 minutes walk from the terminal.