Accommodations In Rural Korat

NguuMuu

Does anyone know of any guest houses or other accommodations along route 226 (between Korat and Buriram), specifically around the Huai Thalaeng area in Nakhon Ratchasima?

My original plan is to stay at a hotel in Korat city or Phimai, but now I need to be in the Huai Thalaeng region very, very early so I was hoping for something closer. A few months ago I stayed at a tiny, unnamed place in Phayao. It was pretty far off the beaten path but the rooms were adequate for the area (air con, completely tiled bathroom in country style, hard as a rock bed, shower over the toilet, etc.). Actually, it was literally a rural short time hotel with parking bays where they could cover license plates with a wooden board, black lights over the bed (for a romantic atmosphere?), and average customer stays of just a few hours. I know that isn't 5 star quality or really even 1 star, but I need somewhere to sleep near Huai Thalaeng so, if there are no places with a name, do these tiny businesses exist around that part of Isaan? What about a bit further down the road in Chakkarat?

Isaan covers a big area so I don't expect many (if any) replies on such a specific question. If you can help I would really appreciate it. Thanks.

Does anyone know of any guest houses or other accommodations along route 226 (between Korat and Buriram)

there is a "Cabbages&Condoms" restaurant (maybe even some rooms to rent) in Chakkarat near to

where you turn left (when coming from Khorat) to Phimai. Even if they are full they will surely help

with info on local accommodation

• 2 weeks later...