House Transfer - Thai Name To Thai Name

Hi<br><br>Can anyone assist please?<br><br>If a father wants to give his daughter a house which is owned outright and is in a Thai name will there be tax to pay at the land office?<br><br>The daughter (my wife) lives in Germany and has a western surname (no problems with that I know).<br><br>Her father owns a few houses and is getting on, he has 3 kids and wants to give each a house in Pattaya. the other 2 sons live in Thailand, my wife lives with me in Germany.<br><br>Any issues, comments or problems with this? Is there a fee to pay or is it a straight transfer Thai to Thai?<br><br>She will be back in Thailand in August to sort ths out with her father and brothers who will all get a house at the same time.<br><br>Thanks in advance.<br><br><br>

Somebody has to pay the transfer tax and fees. A business tax could be imposed since the FIL "owns a few houses", depends on the circumstances. Since a foreigner is involved by marriage the foreign husband could be required to sign a form stating that he will have no future claim to the land as the property is Sin Suan Tua, Thai wife's personal property either acquired before marriage or during marriage through a will or gift.

Edited by InterestedObserver