Making Money On The Internet

Neeranam

I did a search on ways to work on the internet.

What I got seemed like a con. Telling me that I could earn up to $100, but first I had to buy some book.

Has anyone here ever made money on the internet?

I used to do some technical writing when I graduated in Engineering.

I wonder if there is any call for this online?

Seems that when living in a 3rd world country, it is stupid to earn local currency, so I am looking for get money from companies abroad.

Any links would be greatly appreciated.

NN

sure it is possible to make money on the internet (I do so).

For example they guy who want to sell you a book on how to make money on the internet found a way, on how HE can make money.....

But the internet is only the media to sell something, you need a product first.

It is like the question "can I make money with a telephone"

Answer: Yes sure, call one guy were you can buy rice cheap, buy it and call one guy who buy it expensive......

Like you find, in Thailand they can do paintings a lot better and cheaper, than in USA. So make a internet page which offers paintings from Thailand and targeting US customer.

I saw on ebay a couple of Farangs, who are selling this tourist junk (fake zipo, T-Shirts with cheap (but funny) printings.

They make some money with it, but turn out as real hard work for relativ low money.

You must find an idea, which brings you profit and somehow you must find a way that people are finding your page.

try to search for "Thailand+Hotel" than you see, that it is possible to make money on the internet.....

Good luck!

What I got seemed like a con. Telling me that I could earn up to $100, but first I had to buy some book.

I used to do some technical writing when I graduated in Engineering.

I wonder if there is any call for this online?

Seems that when living in a 3rd world country, it is stupid to earn local currency, so I am looking for get money from companies abroad.

Any links would be greatly appreciated.

NN

Thanks H90 for that.

I am not greedy, $500 US a month would be enough.

Surely there is some way to do this?

sure but are you willing to put in two years of work for free to end up with this after two years ?

most people give up after two weeks with their new website.

Google only starts to list you after 6 months so ....

It can be done to earn a little extra money by internet, but you have to be lucky to find the right place.

I was lucky my self, and got a job in a team that mantain the information in a popular price guide website in my home country.

Get paid pr item that i put in the database, and when i work i make around $18 pr hour. But this is my second job so i only do it as a hobby and it

gives me around $1200 before tax extra in month.

So keep looking, its many jobs like this that you can do from all over world.

1200 US$ is good!

And if you earn it at home, but you stay in Thailand, you can also avoid tax :-)

It can be done to earn a little extra money by internet, but you have to be lucky to find the right place.

I was lucky my self, and got a job in a team that mantain the information in a popular price guide website in my home country.

Get paid pr item that i put in the database, and when i work i make around $18 pr hour.  But this is my second job so i only do it as a hobby and it

gives me around $1200 before tax extra in month.

So keep looking, its many jobs like this that you can do from all over world.

have a look at this site: http://www.enomaly.com/Freelance_Jobs.481.0.html ...as well as craigslist in the US for freelance opportunities... they often have content writing or tech writing positions open. i am doing freelance work full time for an american company in bangkok. i had a ton of offers once i got my name out- people are eager to outsource these days. so you just have to sell yourself. write to absolutely everyone you can find. create an online (or HTML email) "brochure" which includes your (spiffed up) resume and a nice picture. make sure you have IM and Skype set up, and extra minutes on your phone in case you have to call in for an interview. offer to accept less than the going rate in that country (which is still more than you'd get here). make sure you get a contract signed by them, and have them direct deposit into your american or european account (assuming you have one), and then build up a name for yourself by being very accessible and dependable, especially at first. it is definitely possible. i am getting $5k (usd) per month after taxes now, and i'm paid every two weeks! i also have 2 other companies which send projects my way at least once a month for an extra $500 or so here and there.

Hey,

I am looking for a way of making money on the net also, I'm currently in Bangkok. I read that you said people send cheap paintings back to America, is this just done the same way as normal such as take to DHL with the correct address and post? Could it be done with other items such as electrical goods and clothes?

What I mean is do Thai customs have a problem with this?

Chris

Hey,

I am looking for a way of making money on the net also, I'm currently in Bangkok.  I read that you said people send cheap paintings back to America, is this just done the same way as normal such as take to DHL with the correct address and post?  Could it be done with other items such as electrical goods and clothes?

Chris

Thai customs wouldn't have any issues with things you're exporting, so long as they're legal to send abroad.

i.e. don't send buddha images, fake passports, large amounts of cash or narcotics...

But since you're exporting, so long as it's legal, Thai customs won't care.

US Customs on the other hand....

But - as the earlier poster said - that isn't really making money on the internet. That's accepting orders on the internet for normal work. (and the people that probably make the most money from it would be DHL / Fedex / UPS ).

To make good profit margins, (and to reduce hassles) - what you really want to send is data of some sort. (i.e. programming work, or writing work of some sort, or fact-checking of articles, or data manipulation of some sort... - that way there's no postage costs, or customs involvement... - although data protection could be an issue.

Edited by bkk_mike

To make good profit margins, (and to reduce hassles) - what you really want to send is data of some sort. (i.e. programming work, or writing work of some sort, or fact-checking of articles, or data manipulation of some sort... - that way there's no postage costs, or customs involvement... - although data protection could be an issue.

Very good point!

But also the Thai customs is not really helpfull.

For example for VAT refund they do their best to keep it.

I fully agree, best is if you sell your working power. No material, no VAT, no import export no nothing....

On import to Thailand the customs (together with UPS/FedEx) can be a nice mixture of beeing lazy/incompetent/corrupt.

Hey,

I am looking for a way of making money on the net also, I'm currently in Bangkok.  I read that you said people send cheap paintings back to America, is this just done the same way as normal such as take to DHL with the correct address and post?  Could it be done with other items such as electrical goods and clothes?

Chris

Thai customs wouldn't have any issues with things you're exporting, so long as they're legal to send abroad.

i.e. don't send buddha images, fake passports, large amounts of cash or narcotics...

But since you're exporting, so long as it's legal, Thai customs won't care.

US Customs on the other hand....

But - as the earlier poster said - that isn't really making money on the internet. That's accepting orders on the internet for normal work. (and the people that probably make the most money from it would be DHL / Fedex / UPS ).

Yeah well some website wabmaster also earns money from their forums....For example thai visa im sure the owner have make alot from google...And as for getting Rich first you need to get out of the rate race before you start generate money of your own....Read the book called Rich Dad Poor Dad..and you will learn alot from there...I my self do not have a high scool Diploma but when Robert Kiyosaki Rich dad poor dad was out it really change my life.....

1) Get out of Rat Race Then decided on making big money....www.richdad.com

The best thing to do is to buys thai product and export them overseas...It really pays off...lots of profits in return....And make sure you target big currency countries...Selling online is damm easy...

Yeah well some website wabmaster also earns money from their forums....For example thai visa im sure the owner have make alot from google...And as for getting Rich first you need to get out of the rate race before you start generate money of your own....Read the book called Rich Dad Poor Dad..and you will learn alot from there...I my self do not have a high scool Diploma but when Robert Kiyosaki Rich dad poor dad was out it really change my life.....

1) Get out of Rat Race Then decided on making big money....www.richdad.com

The best thing to do is to buys thai product and export them overseas...It really pays off...lots of profits in return....And make sure you target big currency countries...Selling online is damm easy...

I have read all Kiyosaki's books he is great.

I was thinking things like sony PSP as they are cheaper in Thai than UK so can make nice margin.

Can you see any problems with this?

"I was thinking things like sony PSP as they are cheaper in Thai than UK so can make nice margin."

Thailand charges a 10% duty on consumer electronics. So, the first thing you should ascertain for certain: "are the products cheaper here than where you're sending them?"

Next: "after I spend my time and money to buy and then send the products to wherever, am I making a sufficient margin to justify me doing this?"

100% of my work is internet-based. now, i'm not going to tell you what i do or how much i make, but its 6 figure baht/month after expenses. of course, you will need some technical experience.

You could always PM me... I have plenty of technical experience... :o

totster :D

Are playstations that much cheaper in the uk once customers have paid income tax on them, and your've shipped them with I expect insurance and through a quality postal service. I don't think there is any profit in it at all is there?

Are playstations that much cheaper in the uk once customers have paid income tax on them, and your've shipped them with I expect insurance and through a quality postal service.  I don't think there is any profit in it at all is there?

none at all IMO ... unnless you can buy in bulk cheaply and ship bulk, but even then I think you'd struggle to break even...

totster :o

i think your real profit is in the way of life. its not that hard to make $2000 USD up off the internet per month with the right type of website, however it may take 4-5 months to get there. now, that makes you 80,000 baht. for $2000 USD you could barely live well for two people in the US or Europe, but in Thailand you can have quite a good life.

export may be a good opportunity, too. if you have the right connections and someone who buys the product on a regular basis. otherwise it can be a pain to find a new buyer every month.

but then again, don't listen to me, i'm no business guru. i barely make a living and i'm happy to be alive. :o

Edited by rainman

I think you could say there are 2 things to sell

Goods and services

Goods made in Thailand are cheap and you can sell them for more ,

but how and where ? and then shipping

It takes 4-6 weeks (last 2 packages 10 weeks) for surface mail BKK to USA.

if you send it airmail the total cost of item may be too good,

Services - I guess legally you can do some kind of consulting , or do your home country work in Thailand.

Its not easy to make money , but like someone said before you need less money to live in Thailand than the west !

Yes definately.

An alternate to selling products on the net is to do both buying and selling and not necesarily in that order! :o

ie: buy at a lower price and sell at a higher price to make money. It may take you a couple of years of hard research to find out the way that suits you best but it's worth it. Also, depending on how much capital you have will decide the amount of return you can make. Have a look at trading stocks.

Cheers BaanOz

BaanOz: with this sentence you really bring it to the point: "buy at a lower price and sell at a higher price to make money." Thats really the point for every kind of business :o:D

Yes definately.

An alternate to selling products on the net is to do both buying and selling and not necesarily in that order! :D

ie: buy at a lower price and sell at a higher price to make money. It may take you a couple of years of hard research to find out the way that suits you best but it's worth it. Also, depending on how much capital you have will decide the amount of return you can make. Have a look at trading stocks.

Cheers BaanOz

BaanOz: with this sentence you really bring it to the point: "buy at a lower price and sell at a higher price to make money." Thats really the point for every kind of business  :D  :D

Thanks glad you liked it! :D

...but there is an odd thing you can do with stocks, you can buy at a higher price and sell at a lower price and still make money!

Personally, I don't do it for a few reasons but doing this way, you can only gain 100% :o of your money whereas buying low/selling high is unlimited.

Cheers, BaanOz