Good Cooking Pots/pans In Chiang Mai

pipchatel

Hi There. Is there anywhere in chiang Mai we can buy good qaulity cooking pots/Pans

Machined base, heavey, German or swiis or French made?. Not too impressed with the stuff at Big C or Carrefour or Tesco. Thanks a lot and  and Best regards from Lampang

Pip

[email protected]

Reasonable range at Robinson (Airport Plaza) - but maybe still not up to the quality of Meyer etc. Worth a look, anyhow.

Pots in Thailand are usually aluminium or stainless steel.

I know the kind of pots you are referring to, I have some French ones in UK.

Wouldn't bring them here , they weigh a ton!

For a good range of whats available here try Gong Lor Jo (opposite Bangkok Bank Tapae) its the street with all the cloth and clothes. Try shop next to Siam Plastic.

Also saw stainless steel kitchenware shop recently opened near Lanna Palace Hotel intersection.

Good high quality stuff online in Bkk at http://verasu.com

I read about them a few months ago from someone's mention in TV, and bought some things, starting with a big tabletop electric slicer from severin (sp?) and some other cooking stuff, but no pots and pans, though they have an enormous selection, with prices from local prices, to prices out past the moon... I was quite satisfied with the quality of everything I bought, and everything had English instructions... Ice cream makers, home theatre, cameras.... But LOTS of kitchen stuff, including a large selection of restaurant equipment like mixers, deep fryers, etc..

They have a sales store in Bkk, but you can order most everything online or by phone, and there are three shipping options to CM. No hassle (including fast refunds!) with cc cards besides the fact that Bank of Asia will take away your money the instant you make your order. unlike most international sites which don't charge you until the shipping day. I had a problem with tohome.com with paid-for stuff on backorder, so I always call their office to confirm in-stock, and delivery dates to CM. Verasu is quite professional, far out-shining any other online place in Thailand for ordering any kind of consumer stuff, in my exprience with three or four other places.

Make sure you sign up online for their catalogue. A great read :o

Good high quality stuff online in Bkk at http://verasu.com

I read about them a few months ago from someone's mention in TV, and bought some things, starting with a big tabletop electric slicer from severin (sp?) and some other cooking stuff, but no pots and pans, though they have an enormous selection, with prices from local prices, to prices out past the moon... I was quite satisfied with the quality of everything I bought, and everything had English instructions... Ice cream makers, home theatre, cameras.... But LOTS of kitchen stuff, including a large selection of restaurant equipment like mixers, deep fryers, etc..

They have a sales store in Bkk, but you can order most everything online or by phone, and there are three shipping options to CM. No hassle (including fast refunds!) with cc cards besides the fact that Bank of Asia will take away your money the instant you make your order. unlike most international sites which don't charge you until the shipping day. I had a problem with tohome.com with paid-for stuff on backorder, so I always call their office to confirm in-stock, and delivery dates to CM. Verasu is quite professional, far out-shining any other online place in Thailand for ordering any kind of consumer stuff, in my exprience with three or four other places.

Make sure you sign up online for their catalogue. A great read  :o

Would you happen to know where I can find a Cast Iron Teapot in Bangkok? I checked the website you listed and they didn't have one.

I got a very nice, high quality set in Robinsons BKK (MBK branch) (or was it Central that has their branch at MBK?).

Anyway, it was on sale at a great price for the quality. Not sure if you could get this in the CM branch of either store, but worth checking.