Posting web-links to competing forums is against this forums rules.

So in staying within the rules :whistling: ; I'd suggest a quick Google of the term(s) "Nakhon Ratchasima Forums" and/or "Thai Language School Nakhon Ratchasima" just to see what you get.

FWIW: I'd give a pass on the previous post by Colabamubai unless you're intending on going to a 'real' uni :ermm: . Given the numbers of foreigners who live in and around Nakhon Ratchasima (Korat) there hasta be at least a couple private thai language schools who are registered with the Ministry of Education and can meet your needs in regards to the documentation you need to secure an ED visa.

I wouldn't pay a single baht up front to ANY school until you sat in on a free class to see if you get any 'bang for your baht'. The last thing you want to do is pay tuition to a school whose method and material of teaching thai to foreigners is not a good 'fit' for how you learn things :( .

With tourist visas to thailand free at the moment, get a double entry tourist visa and come scope it out first. There'll be plenty of time to find a school and get the documentation you need to secure an ED visa in a neighboring country.

Then again, depending on the country you live in now, perhaps a quick call to a thai embassy or consulate would let you find out if they'll give you a single entry ED visa only on your intent to study thai once you get here.

You're out nothing but a phone call to check. .. :)

There are 3 Universities in Korat. University of Technology, Suranee University and another I don't know the name, do an internet search for Korat Universities and see what you come up with.

Is there a school in Surin or can I use a private school.

A private school is fine and you can study anything you want, as long as the school is officially recognised. Just find a course you are interested in and ask the school if they can help you with the ED-visa.

"University of Technology, Suranee University"

I think that's one university, not two.

Suranaree University of Technology :: มหาวิทยาลัยเทคโนโลยีสุรนารี.

www.sut.ac.th/ - แคช - ใกล้เคียง

I think in Korat a language school is your best bet. Sorry I don't know which ones to contact.

Take Tod-D's suggestion and you will get all kinds of info re Korat.