Need Advice On Complicated Passport/Visa Problem

I'm just about to leave my present company for a new one starting on the 1st August.

Whilst I'll be based in Thailand for my new job, I'll be travelling to Vietnam immediately.

My problem is that I've just booked a week's holiday back to the UK next week and just noticed that I've only got 2.5 free pages left in my passport.

I'll have to get my exit stamp, re-entry stamp, new non-imm B visa and work visa and entry stamp for Vietnam also - there won't be enough pages for this.

The logical option is to get a new passport (Brits can't get pages added as the Americans do - can we?), but the British Embassy website states that it takes 4 weeks to get a new passport as they are now processed in Hong Kong. I can't do this as I need it sooner, plus I'm off to the UK next week.

The only solution I can think of is to use the very pricey 1 day fast track option at the passport office in the UK, then post it first class to the Thai Consulate the very next day to get the non-imm B visa (I already have a non-imm B visa, but I think it's harder work to get this transfered to a new passport), then try to rush the Vietnamese visa/WP as soon as I get back to Thailand.

Can any wise heads kindly advise if there's an easier way to do this?

IIRC the one day service for a 'Jumbo'[48 pages] is less than the cost of same through the embassy here [AKA Hong Kong].

It would be the best option in my view. These days I think you have to arrange an appointment some time ahead, but at least you can now do it at local Passport Offices.

Regards

Edited by A_Traveller

IIRC the one day service for a 'Jumbo'[48 pages] is less than the cost of same through the embassy here [AKA Hong Kong].

It would be the best option in my view. These days I think you have to arrange an appointment some time ahead, but at least you can now do it at local Passport Offices.

Regards

not local offices,which are in lots of towns now, but regional offices - London, Liverpool, Peterborough, Glasgow, Newport, Belfast and Durham

It is extremely important that you call the passport office well in advance to get an appointment if you want to do it in one day. Don't wait until you get to England to call them as you will not have time to get your appointment and new passport in time to send it to a Thai consulate.

Personally in your situation I would go staright to the Thai consulate with your old & new passports. Don't rely on posting it. You may get it there quickly but they may process it slowly and not post it back speedily.

You appear to be in Thailand on a one year extension of stay for work. Not on a visa entry. That will end on 1 August when your current employment ends. So expect least paperwork path is to obtain new passport and B visa during your UK trip and return using that. You will still have a non immigrant visa entry so can work, no transfer of any stamps required or visit to immigration on August 1. If not able to extend stay before new trip and trip less than permitted to stay time you could get re-entry permit. If trip will be longer you will want to obtain new visa for entry again.