How Old Are We?

Blinky Bill

264 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

After reading Mestizo's quote from another thread, I thought of doing a little poll to see just how old some of us are, and a few other questions as well.

All?? I encourage you to reread this thread more closely, especially Post #7

Presumably that poster must of have intoxicated as well, huh?

Granted, most of the comments on this thread will invariably be negative. That is just the extremely unfortunate nature of the Chiang Mai TV forum. Most of the posters here are miserable old creatures that chose to spend their last remaining days complaining about everything under the sun as they await their day in the crematorium.

Hope your day comes soon.

Cheers,

-Mestizo

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

36-40 years old, 1-20 years in Chiang Mai.

Didn't come her to see out my days, but if it happens I will have no regrets.

If I do become a sad miserable git though, I hope I will still have the good sense to leave and find a place that does suit whatever requirements in life I have at that time.

Final comment: Let's wait until the second page until we get the "newbie idots vs. old miserable gits"-contest underway in earnest. :)

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

Some of us have already beat the odds (hope your day comes soon). I have too many friends, good health (for my age/life style), enough money to be satisfied with my place in society,and normally see or learn something new each day.

I have seen other TV members make comments about people who they judged as drunks, old gits, complainers, etc. These same individuals seem to be clueless as to how to find the best Thai food in CM, what should they tip, cheapest guest house, where to find employment which pays western wages, a girl friend who has a apartment and will pay for their company, and then bitch because they were turned down for a English teaching job, thus immigration told them they had worn out their welcome, due to insufficient funds, maxed out on visa runs, or more than likely but not said, "you are undesirable due to you lack of contribution to society".

Most of us prefer, old geezer, old man, papa, tilak, or handsome man, and if you cannot get your tongue around that, Sir will do.

I would be a miserable old creature back in Farangland, but I am just old here. :)

I can't see where to add my degree of misery. Did you forget to include it? The polls a bit meaningless without it.

When I was a young lad there was a miserable old git that lived in our street. Everyone was terrified to retrieve a football if it went into his garden. His war chant was "If that ball comes into my garden again, I'll put a <deleted>#%king knife in it!!".

I loved him!! I remember thinking, 'when I get old, I want to be like him". I didn't want to be a lovely, nice old man, I wanted to miserable and cranky. Well, I'm not quite as old he he was, but the miserable bit I'm working on. It's a bit more difficult living here in Chiang Mai, but hopefully I'll get there. Reading Thai Visa gives me quite a few good tips.

Edited by twofortheroad

When I was a young lad there was a miserable old git that lived in our street. Everyone was terrified to retrieve a football if it went into his garden. His war chant was "If that ball comes into my garden again, I'll put a <deleted>#%king knife in it!!".

I loved him!! I remember thinking, 'when I get old, I want to be like him". I didn't want to be a lovely, nice old man, I wanted to miserable and cranky. Well, I'm not quite as old he he was, but the miserable bit I'm working on. It's a bit more difficult living here in Chiang Mai, but hopefully I'll get there. Reading Thai Visa gives me quite a few good tips.

A little like here....the difference is the git would say if anyone comes to get the football he would put a <deleted>#%king knife in the kid.

Im 36 years old. Ive been here 6 years and hopefully will see the end of my days here in another 40-50 years. I still love it here and wake up every morning knowing that no matter what the day brings I'll still be in Thailand and not in the UK.

... snip ... the miserable bit I'm working on. It's a bit more difficult living here in Chiang Mai, but hopefully I'll get there.

มึง (Meung) TwoForTheRoad,

We think you're already at the pinnacle of miserableness.

~o:37;

Edited by orang37

... snip ... the miserable bit I'm working on. It's a bit more difficult living here in Chiang Mai, but hopefully I'll get there.

You didn't meet the guy in our street. I've got a fair way to go yet. I also liked the old boy in Father Ted. Someone to aspire to.

Father Ted

Edited by twofortheroad

Paging Mr. TwoForTheRoad... TwoForTheRoad, Dr. Kevorkian will see you now.

Wait, how will he complain about his treatment afterwards then?

He will haunt us like many other posters.

Good thread!! Nice one Blinky, you miserable old bastard! creature!

Nice to see the Yanks have taken the mantle from the Brits as whingers over on the 4th of july anticlimax thread! (or are they redcoated Brit gatecrashers?)

One more option would be nice - but aint gonna happen:

Where did you meet your wife? (or is she hiso Thai-Chinese)

a-

b-

c-

Edited by whiterussian

Technically I could vote for all but two of the 'how long?' questions...

26-30, been here 2 years and am a miserable, not so young anymore, git. Still, nowhere near as miserable as some of the old gits on here mind.

Im 36 years old. Ive been here 6 years and hopefully will see the end of my days here in another 40-50 years. I still love it here and wake up every morning knowing that no matter what the day brings I'll still be in Thailand and not in the UK.

I would feel the same way if I came from the Rotherham /Mexborough area too :lol:

Am I righ in thinking that you hail from that part of England? :unsure:

There is no way on earth I could live there, a prison sentance would be more attractive :P

I would feel the same way if I came from the Rotherham /Mexborough area too :lol:

Am I righ in thinking that you hail from that part of England? :unsure:

There is no way on earth I could live there, a prison sentance would be more attractive :P

You've been then Pauly...lol, I lived nearer to Rotherham than Mexborough but thats not saying much. :D A prison sentence is a walk in the park compared with growing up round there :P

Edited by thaimiller

I would be a miserable old creature back in Farangland, but I am just old here. :)

I can't see where to add my degree of misery. Did you forget to include it? The polls a bit meaningless without it.

If you will let me know where you live I will do my best to get a football and.........................

Love just about everything about Chiang Mai. The only thing missing now is someone to share it with!

Send me your spec, maybe we could meet up. You are a girl, right?

Did you vote? I didn't see any votes on 'under 20'?

Edited by twofortheroad

She is not into old fat guys - for some strange reason - but a charming English gent might have a chance.  ;)

Would an Aussie one do...I could lose weight....and put my age down.

I would have to work fast though...anyone would snap up eek quickly.

She is not into old fat guys - for some strange reason - but a charming English gent might have a chance. ;)

Counts twofortheroad out then ;)

You haven't met me, obviously. I can charm the birds out of the trees.

They make a nice pie too.

Back on topic, I still think we need a 'How Miserable are you" Poll.

Edited by twofortheroad

53 years old, 18 years in CNX, 20 years in Thailand, 23 years in SO Asia. Some Thai friends, some Farang friends, forests, lakes, mountains, weather as I hope to find again in paradise, Rimping, last but not least a loving (thai) wife, daughter, grand child ... Can't imagine any better place anywhere to spend the rest of my life. Not really much to complain ...