Competency Of Service

One morning my wife excliamed that there was punhah with the microwave. I looked and noticed a smell of electrical burning/overheating /melting smell.

So I unplugged it and put it to the side of the counter top. As the day passed, a smell of de-composing coming from the vents in the case. Quite a nauseous smell.

My wife said. she thought it was Jin Joke, little lizard, (what do you call that in English)

So, we took it to the service centre in Saraburi, as per the advice from Tesco Lotus.

Service Centre, who incidentally undertakes all warrantee repairs in the area, told us to come back the following week.

We asked them to look inside the case, check for any dead bodies inside the case, and test the thing. They assured us this would not be a problem for them but it might cost a few hundred Baht.

We returned the following week and were handed back the Micowave which they happily informed us had no problems whatsoever.

However. the Microwave, had numerous greasy hand prints on the body and door from their service. We had said don't worry about it, wishing not to waste any further time there. When we got home, I took it outside, to clean their mess off the case. I had a look through the vents underneath the machine and noticed a small skeleton through the cracks in the vents.

So I took the case off, and picked out the skeleton of Jin Joke, with a pair of pointed tweezers, and double checked for any others. Lo and behold, I found another skeleton. Both skeletons were picked clean by some ants, I can only guess.

To me, it doesn't seem worth ever getting a Thai workman to do anything, because whatever they have done for me, I have had to do it again myself.

GG :o

To me, it doesn't seem worth ever getting a Thai workman to do anything, because whatever they have done for me, I have had to do it again myself.

It sounds as though all they did for you was place dirty hand prints all over your 'wave. I wonder, does the comment in blue still stand? :o

Seriously though, I have read many similar stories on tv.com but have never been fortunate enough to put it to the test, well the big stores anyway as we have a little guy down the road that will fix anything.

Infact I have been wondering if he could fix the wife as she seems to behave like a broken record :D:D