Motorcyclye Tires In Cm

sailaway2000

It's about time to buy new tires for the main ride, a GL400 Silverwing, a larger bike but not needing FAT BOY tires!!!

Where is the best shop with the best prices? Do they mount and balance too?

If not balance, where to balance properly?

Thanks

I posted this in the Motorcycle Forum with no real luck on replies.

There's a bike shop just opposite Nyom Panich ( well, a little bit before, coming out of town), on the road to Airport Plaza, can't remember his name sorry. He got me Dunlops for my Kawa boss and may be able to help you. He works on many big bikes, but not seen yours there.

More than likely your tires will come out of Bangkok so I would suggest starting there and if they have them they can send them to you via Siam. Red Baron would be my starting place. Otherwise, the two big bike shops opposite each other on Mahidol Rd. One's name is Sa. Also, Piston Shop on Assadatorn Rd. on the way to J.J. Market. K. Watit has always been helpful. I have not found a shop in Chiang Mai that knows how to balance tires. Sure, Yamaha on Huai Kaeo Rd. has the equipment but I have known many owners that walked away shaking their heads, myself included. They balanced my new tires for my CB750 with the old weights still on. They simply added more opposite. My suggestion is to have Richco install DynaBeads in your tires. No weights on your rims and the beads rebalance your tires every time you pull away from a stop. I use them and am perfectly happy with the results. You can even do the job yourself so long as you have a compressor and can get the bike off the ground.